• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LCC/AMR Merger offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The general perceives himself as being of higher moral character than others, not of his pedigree. He sincerely believes to be the keeper of all wisdom and all things sacred to airline pilot seniority integration, amongst his many talents. All present and previous wrongs in the mighty Delta club shall bear no meaning when compared to US mere mortals trying to right an obvious wrong.....
Merry Christmas general...

The smart thing to do do here would be to make a joint CBA and a negotiated SLI a pre-condition of any merger. If you don't do that you end up with a situation like they have at LCC where you can't combine the operations to maximize efficiency. The labor piece of this merger will be an ugly, lengthy nightmare.

.....and that may very well be an understatement.

Nah, they're just gonna staple em to the bottom of the AA list....ahh wait, wait, who is buying whom again?? Oh well, good luck. National Seniority List looks better and better everyday...? ;)

The smart thing to do do here would be to make a joint CBA and a negotiated SLI a pre-condition of any merger. If you don't do that you end up with a situation like they have at LCC where you can't combine the operations to maximize efficiency. The labor piece of this merger will be an ugly, lengthy nightmare.

Exactly. Yesterday Crandall was on Bloomberg and said twice, The key issue is pilot SLI. Without pilot SLI cooperation, there cant' be a merger. I think the APA and USAPA can figure it out, and besides, APA and USAPA both see that they have to figure this out rather than risk the alternative. Its a sure bet that the UCC won't accept anything other than a negotiated SLI, pronto.

Agreed that would be the smart thing to do. There is only one problem. The timeline of that process would be years, by then the deal will have long since fallen apart because the money boys think in terms of quarter year projections. The only way, if it happens at all, is full steam ahead and the rest will have to muddle through. Crazy a$$ industry we tied our personal fortunes to...:nuts:

Exactly. Yesterday Crandall was on Bloomberg and said twice, The key issue is pilot SLI. Without pilot SLI cooperation, there cant' be a merger. I think the APA and USAPA can figure it out, and besides, APA and USAPA both see that they have to figure this out rather than risk the alternative. Its a sure bet that the UCC won't accept anything other than a negotiated SLI, pronto.

Maybe this is really the UCC giving DP his one last shot. As in 'ok Dug, let's see if you can pull this off. We want to see how you're gonna do it, show us. If you can't, then bugger off.'

Why don't you all tell us how your mighty airline treated the PA and WA pilots!

I can't wait!

Was there arbitration involved? Did either side agree to it first and THEN disregard the award? Since PA and WA, which I wasn't around to actually see at the airline, airlines have used BINDING arbitration to solve these types of disputes, and other financial disputes have been solved this way, like NFL salary disputes. How would it have looked in the press if an NFL owner lost in BINDING arbitration to his player and had to pay up, but instead cried like a baby and said "No! I won't do it! No!" Well, welcome to USAPA. Bad examples Dornier.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Maybe this is really the UCC giving DP his one last shot. As in 'ok Dug, let's see if you can pull this off. We want to see how you're gonna do it, show us. If you can't, then bugger off.'
If they have now invited the unions to the table, then they already had that conversation with DUI. I suspect that DUI and the UCC are pretty much on one side of the table and are presenting the requirement of a negotiated SLI to the Unions. A deal they can't refuse. IMHO. YMMV.

If they have now invited the unions to the table, then they already had that conversation with DUI. I suspect that DUI and the UCC are pretty much on one side of the table and are presenting the requirement of a negotiated SLI to the Unions. A deal they can't refuse. IMHO. YMMV.

I think you are right.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back