• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LCC/AMR Merger offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is going to be the mother of all messy mergers, these companies don't complement each other nearly as well as DAL/NWA, UAL/CAL, SW/AT or even a USAir/AMWest. Seems like a lot of major hubs east of the Mississippi and a lot of N-S East coast flying. Add in the fleet issues and the guaranteed ugly, nasty, poisonous labor confrontations to come and this may be a bad idea. I sure wouldn't want to be the one to have to cobble these two (actually three) operations together.

I start class at Airways the 14th so just hoping for the best I guess, with a sprinkle of luck that it will all work out.

This is going to be the mother of all messy mergers, these companies don't complement each other nearly as well as DAL/NWA, UAL/CAL, SW/AT or even a USAir/AMWest. Seems like a lot of major hubs east of the Mississippi and a lot of N-S East coast flying. Add in the fleet issues and the guaranteed ugly, nasty, poisonous labor confrontations to come and this may be a bad idea. I sure wouldn't want to be the one to have to cobble these two (actually three) operations together.

WTF, east of the Mississippi is where the majority of domestic travel profits are. So many senior folk between the the two airlines, don't think the SLI issues will be as bad as you think.

American doesn't paint their planes...

And is, perhaps, the sharpest paint job in existence, while simultaneously saving weight and cost.

Maybe I'm just nostalgic, but polished aluminum airplanes have always looked sharp. :)

/threadcreep

WTF, east of the Mississippi is where the majority of domestic travel profits are. So many senior folk between the the two airlines, don't think the SLI issues will be as bad as you think.

SLIs usually work great for the senior folks, its the bottom 70% that get shafted.

American doesn't paint their planes...

They will be painting them now. That 77W delivered the other day is painted grey, and will be the base color for the new AA livery.

Latest resources

Back