• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LCC/AMR Merger offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It always seems to me that in bankruptcy competing plans should be allowed from day-1 so the creditors can compare deals (including the option of partial or total liquidation) to get the best return. The idea of leaving the management team of a failed company in place with the exclusive right to offer a reorganization plan always seemed strange to me. It's one of the things that makes bankruptcy such an attractive option; it creates a moral hazard issue especially when management teams are awarded new management contracts and equity stakes after the reorganization. Failure can be very profitable for a management team.

And here we have it! Legalized corruption. Mexico does it with guns and we do it with lawyers, judges and bought Congressional lackeys. Chapter 11 is the most corrupt law I have ever witnessed. Incentivizing management mediocrity is not in the best interests of anyone but the idiots who are trying to bilk the system at whatever the cost to the rest of society. :angryfire

Really? you think that the Employees at SWA are all happy and motivated? Thats not what I hear from the SWA employees.

Sad but true from what I hear as well.

It looks like the Brady Bunch days might be coming to a close over there too. :erm:

Ah! it only took until page 3 for the SWA bashers to chime in, slow day again
It could end up being US Air West V US Air East V AA pilots wow a Ménage à trois

If you listen to the 5% which may now be the 10% you may be right. The other 80 to 95% of us are very happy, just not thrilled at having to compete with a bankrupt industry/employees/contracts.

Ah! it only took until page 3 for the SWA bashers to chime in, slow day again
It could end up being US Air West V US Air East V AA pilots wow a Ménage à trois

There is no East and West. Only the unified pilots of USAir, equally represented by the U.S. Airways Pilot's Association. Sorry, no Ménage.

There is no East and West. Only the unified pilots of USAir, equally represented by the U.S. Airways Pilot's Association. Sorry, no Ménage.

Not sure how unified I would say the USAir pilots are but there is no doubt who gets to bargain on their behalf.
President's Message

Fellow Pilots,

This afternoon, December 10th, your Officers, Board of Pilots Representatives (BPR) and Negotiating Advisory Committee (NAC) conducted a two-hour informational conference call regarding the potential merger of US Airways and AMR (American Airlines).

With the approval of the BPR, your union has entered into discussions about a potential merger with AMR, Allied Pilots Association (APA), the Unsecured Creditors Committee (UCC) and US Airways management. These discussions begin this week in Dallas. President Gary Hummel and Executive Vice President Steve Smyser will join the NAC, USAPA Professional Negotiator and USAPA General Counsel in these talks.

Because of the work your BPR has to do, the Regular Quarterly BPR Meeting will go on as planned. Vice President Steve Bradford will preside over this meeting. We will do our best to keep you informed as developments occur.

Respectfully,

Gary Hummel - President

"US Airline Pilots Association’s seniority proposal does not breach its duty of fair representation provided it is supported by a legitimate union purpose. This judgment is binding on the following class: “All pilots employed by US Airways in September 2008 who were on the America West seniority list on September 20, 2005.”

The parties in Dallas won't be interrupted.

Not sure how unified I would say the USAir pilots are but there is no doubt who gets to bargain on their behalf.

The parties in Dallas won't be interrupted.

Sure, they can bargain for them, but after the NIC award is actually implemented. I can't wait!

Read this AGAIN: Discarding the Nicolau Award places USAPA on dangerous ground. (Doc. 193, p.7.)--Judge Silver

Bye Bye---General Lee

Sure, they can bargain for them, but after the NIC award is actually implemented. I can't wait!

Read this AGAIN: Discarding the Nicolau Award places USAPA on dangerous ground. (Doc. 193, p.7.)--Judge Silver

Bye Bye---General Lee

Why don't you all tell us how your mighty airline treated the PA and WA pilots!

I can't wait!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back