• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LCC/AMR Merger offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some of you guys need to checkout: http://www.drinkinganddriving.org/ over 900,000 individuals are arrested each year for DUI. DP just happened to be one of those 900,000. Just think of the number of drivers that do not get arrested. Having been in the airline business for over 22 years this industry has it fair share of alcholics. We are all make mistakes over the years, God knows I have made many. At least he is not like Miss Lohan and in the news all the time for something.
Yet, Doug boy kept his job, never had a threat of losing his job and those two AW pilots that got caught, how did they fair again?

Yet, Doug boy kept his job, never had a threat of losing his job and those two AW pilots that got caught, how did they fair again?

I don't think Parker would've took out 150 people in his BMW after blowing slightly over the legal limit. Not saying that the AW guys wouldn't have safetly took off from MIA and Slept to PHX and nothing would've made the news. Yet these two AW guys partied all night and then wanna get into a pissing match with Airport Security folks over Coffee, thus allowing them folks to get such a good wiff of Bourbon on their breaths. Pretty Dumb..

I understand where you're coming from.... But its a big Club and guess what?? We ain't in it!!!

Guys

Its up to the creditors what to do with AA. What the AA management or pilots think doesn't really matter.

That's the fact jack

Guys

Its up to the creditors what to do with AA. What the AA management or pilots think doesn't really matter.

That's the fact jack

That's a fact, Jack!

This ain't no merger...Now this here is a merger....

[FONT=&quot]Wet® Personal Lubricants Celebrates Weenie Wedding Wednesday By Hosting Vow Renewal For "Hillbilly Hot Dogs" Owners[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.thestreet.com/author/1165862/PR Newswire /all.html12/06/12 - 02:53 PM EST [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]VALENCIA, Calif., Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Trigg Laboratories, makers of Wet® Personal Lubricants, will help Sonny and Sharie Knight, owners of the world-famous Hillbilly Hot Dogs restaurant in West Virginia, celebrate 13 years of blissful weenie wedlock on December 12. It's a merger made in heaven or at least W.Va.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Wet® Personal Lubricants competed with many other candidates to host the 30 th vow renewal for the hot dog hillbillies. The company's video submission convinced the couple that the "Chapel of Everlasting Lube for Everlasting Love" was the perfect place to prepare for the next 13 years of their meaty marriage.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Trigg Laboratories is so excited to host Sonny and Sharie as they renew their vow to love each other," said Jennifer Martsolf, vice president of marketing at Trigg Laboratories. "Personal lubricants are a key ingredient in any relationship fun, and Wet's long-lasting formula is the [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In their winning video submission, Wet® Personal Lubricants pointed out that hot dogs and lube were a perfect pair: "You've got a way with weenies, and since 1989, we've been makin' all the fixins' to cover them." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In addition to providing a specially-appointed chapel for the "Wedding Weenie Wednesday" ceremony, Wet® Personal Lubricants will offer Sonny and Sharie a full celebration at the company's Valencia headquarters, complete with an officiant, a band, a hot dog barbeque and, of course, lots of lube.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sonny and Sharie Knight married and launched their renowned restaurant, Hillbilly Hot Dogs, in 1999. The weenie stand, which has two locations in West Virginia, was featured on Guy Fieri's popular show "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" and is home to the infamous "Homewrecker," a 15 inch all-beef weenie covered with sauteed peppers and onions, jalapenos, habanero sauce, nacho cheese, Sharie's homemade chili sauce, mustard, coleslaw, lettuce, tomatoes and shredded cheese.
[/FONT]
Hillbilly Report..... Question For The Supreme Court: How About Same Sex Mergers?

by: Hilbilly

The recent Supreme Court decision CITIZENS UNITED v. FEDERAL ELECTION COMMISION seems to say that Corporations are the same as people. OK Supreme Court, lemme ask you this: If two male corporations or two female corporations want to merge (Same Sex Merger), will you let them or will you deny the merger and cite DOMA?

NOW That there is sum type o' merger....

I don't really see why they would need cash. You need outside cash when neither airline can bring in the money themselves to finance the exit from bankruptcy and the costs of the merger... LCC has around $2.5 billion in unrestricted cash and AMR has around $5.1 billion. Both have operations currently operating in the black, as well. I don't see why they would want or need to bring in outside money.

I dont fully understand how this whole thing works, but if half of the UCC didnt want the standalone plan could TPG buy them out so to speak and take their place on the committee?

APA INFORMATION HOTLINE

This is APA Communications Director Gregg Overman with the APA Information Hotline for Monday, Dec. 10.

We would like to thank our counterparts at USAPA for agreeing to attend our latest discussions with the UCC and US Airways about our pending merger transaction. We would especially like to thank the USAPA officers for agreeing to serve coffee and donuts while the grown ups in the room talk business. APA President Wilson added, "we will certainly be finding room for our new union counterparts on the Food and Beverage Committee. We look forward to having USAPA leadership serve nothing but the finest breakfast and lunch items while we conduct business on behalf of all native American pilots".

That's it for now. Thanks for checking this hotline.

Yup, it doesn't take everyone being torqued off to sour the mood, just a few filoks who perceive they got the shaft.

I dont fully understand how this whole thing works, but if half of the UCC didnt want the standalone plan could TPG buy them out so to speak and take their place on the committee?

I think that prior to any final deal bondholders would be free to sell their debt to anybody they want. LCC got on the creditor committee by purchasing some bonds from another debt holder. What the bondholders want is 100 cents on the dollar, they want their investment paid back at the terms in place before the bankruptcy. This is not likely to happen so they will end up having to convert all or some of their claim from cash to equity which carries a risk. If somebody like TPG came along and started making offers to buy debt in cash at more than the creditors thought they would get from a reorganization they could possibly buy enough debt to end up with the majority of the equity after the reorganization. A company like TPG may be much more likely to take the risk of an equity stake of unknown future value than many of the institutional bondholders.

If the American management team didn't have the exclusive right to propose a reorganization plan I think we might see some competing plans. It always seems to me that in bankruptcy competing plans should be allowed from day-1 so the creditors can compare deals (including the option of partial or total liquidation) to get the best return. The idea of leaving the management team of a failed company in place with the exclusive right to offer a reorganization plan always seemed strange to me. It's one of the things that makes bankruptcy such an attractive option; it creates a moral hazard issue especially when management teams are awarded new management contracts and equity stakes after the reorganization. Failure can be very profitable for a management team.

Latest resources

Back