• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LCC/AMR Merger offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The desperation of Doug Parker is laughable. He's a child trying to get into a "grown ups only" club.
I wonder if he'll get another DUI after this failed attempt!:laugh:

He's more successful than you've been in life, apparently.

Last ditch attempt by LCC to become a big boy and wear big boy pants. If AA exits as planned solo, LCC is in for trouble.

No way AA can exit stand alone. The one airline who should be most worried here is SWA. They will soon be surrounded by post bankruptcy, lean, low-cost, aggressive companies.

No way AA can exit stand alone. The one airline who should be most worried here is SWA. They will soon be surrounded by post bankruptcy, lean, low-cost, aggressive companies.

Don't underestimate the power of happy motivated employees...

Agreed- DAL out of CH11 now with very motivated employees-about to be same with UAL, AMR and LCC. The unhappy, unmotivated ones are looking like the AT folks who feel screwed.

US Airways is bringing ZERO cash to the table. It will be a 100% stock transaction. If Parker thinks the combined company will be valued at 8 billion he is dreaming. Far from a done deal ... Especially in current market conditions considering this is an all stock transaction Airline stock is junk!!!!! Just ask all the holders since 9/11........This isnt anywhere near even interesting yet.

US Airways is bringing ZERO cash to the table. It will be a 100% stock transaction. If Parker thinks the combined company will be valued at 8 billion he is dreaming. Far from a done deal ... Especially in current market conditions considering this is an all stock transaction Airline stock is junk!!!!! Just ask all the holders since 9/11........This isnt anywhere near even interesting yet.

A comparison to the drop of 911 may be a little over the top, but the fiscal cliff and the coming recession certainly makes airline stocks a bit bearish. Even so, the posturing in public about the value, who should get what, who should stay, and who should step aside... seems to indicate more concerted interest in it actually happening rather than less. Ie. when and how, rather than "if".

Some of you guys need to checkout: http://www.drinkinganddriving.org/ over 900,000 individuals are arrested each year for DUI. DP just happened to be one of those 900,000. Just think of the number of drivers that do not get arrested. Having been in the airline business for over 22 years this industry has it fair share of alcholics. We are all make mistakes over the years, God knows I have made many. At least he is not like Miss Lohan and in the news all the time for something.

Some of you guys need to checkout: http://www.drinkinganddriving.org/ over 900,000 individuals are arrested each year for DUI. DP just happened to be one of those 900,000. Just think of the number of drivers that do not get arrested. Having been in the airline business for over 22 years this industry has it fair share of alcholics. We are all make mistakes over the years, God knows I have made many. At least he is not like Miss Lohan and in the news all the time for something.

Yep- Herb sure liked his Wild Turkey.

Ummm... where are these people? ;)

In all seriousness, my motivation these days is primarily professional pride in my work. Doesn't have anything to do with who I work for, and I know several thousand other employees around me who pretty much think the same thing.

Many of the SWA pilots on this board have said as much as well. They do their job, collect the paycheck, and go home, as do most airline employees at every other carrier.

GK has said something to the employees in a news letter a few months ago - with all the other Legacy carriers restructured in bankruptcy, lower CASM's than they used to have, and the fuel hedging nowhere near what it used to be, SWA has to compete on a much more level playing field, which is going to require some changes in how SWA operates.

The reality is the AAI purchase is part of that restructuring for SWA, a shift towards international flying where there's still yield to be made and markets to stimulate with the SWA model. Will it be the same model SWA has always had? Of course not, but the game has changed and at least SWA management seems to realize it and is trying to shift accordingly.

That aside, the seniority integration in this AA-UAir-AWA deal is going to get ugly, and with the route overlap and relatively younger group at AWA. The TWA guys may not even WANT to come back anymore. After being recalled BEHIND all the younger guys at AWA and new-hires at UAir, even with the retirements at AA plus what LCC brings, they may never see the left seat if they came back.

What a mess.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back