• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LCC/AMR Merger offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If they have now invited the unions to the table, then they already had that conversation with DUI. I suspect that DUI and the UCC are pretty much on one side of the table and are presenting the requirement of a negotiated SLI to the Unions. A deal they can't refuse. IMHO. YMMV.

I suspect you are right.

I also suspect we will hear something before the new year.

If APA and USAPA have been doing their job they already have a list and are showing up ready to discuss scope and other aspects of the contract. IMHO. YMMV.

Maybe this is really the UCC giving DP his one last shot. As in 'ok Dug, let's see if you can pull this off. We want to see how you're gonna do it, show us. If you can't, then bugger off.'

I agree. Since this is all under BK court AMR needs to be extra careful to cover their bases before telling Doug to F-off, or else there will be serious lawsuits.

If they have now invited the unions to the table, then they already had that conversation with DUI. I suspect that DUI and the UCC are pretty much on one side of the table and are presenting the requirement of a negotiated SLI to the Unions. A deal they can't refuse. IMHO. YMMV.

I think this is a part of the above logic of covering their bases as well. APA has been a big proponent of a US merger, and AMR needs to make sure they are briefed on the specific reasons the UCC isnt going to pursue that idea.

Or, im completely wrong and a merger will be announced soon :) good arguements can be made for both directions, but thats the fun of it

Seems to me that Delta's 49% ownership in Virgin Atlantic makes AMR stand alone exit more risky than it was last week. The UCC will have to decide if there is more value and acceptable risk in the merge scenario. LCC stock price leans "merge". IMHO.

This is AAs new 777-300ER. Note the livery is yet to be determined. This merger is farther down the road than what is being said.
777-300ER-N717AN-1-1024x768.jpg

...And why the white??

from your linked article:

STICKY ISSUE
The talks are now narrowly focused on how to integrate labor unions, indicating the negotiations are far along, the people familiar with the matter said. Detailed valuation discussions - how much of the combined carrier each side should own - are expected to come after the parties iron out labor integration issues, they said.
May be more difficult than an article about finances wants to admit...

Latest resources

Back