Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pookie said:
Just a quick question...

When United was hiring in 2001, what were the required times? Did you need PIC jet or turbine?

The published mins were ATP mins. If you were in intern, son/daughter, or UAL employee, you generally had the opportunity to interview as soon as you met the minimum requirements. I don't know the success rate of those applicants vs. those with more industry experience.

Competitive mins off the street typically required 1000+ PIC turbine.

W8N

pookie said:
Just a quick question...

When United was hiring in 2001, what were the required times? Did you need PIC jet or turbine?

White male.

Zero PIC turbine.

Hired in 2000.

GP

Glad your back Andy...you are a helpful part of this board. I get allot of information about United from your posts...I hope United starts hiring again soon.

UAL Bag smasher 98-04

thaks for the info 48wnfual and guppie...

i am just a long hopeful trying to catch my dreams of working at ual.

Looks like Andy got banned again. I'm not going to read every post he's done lately, so does anyone know what he did??

Looks like Andy got banned again. I'm not going to read every post he's done lately, so does anyone know what he did??

I sent a PM asking that a post containing personal information be pulled. Got me banned again. Go figure?

Anyone starting a pool as to when I get banned again? :laugh:

At least 300 next year?

Just heard on the flight ops hotline the plan was to recall at least 300 next year and have an additional class of 20 in Dec. Anybody know what the junior recall number is?

Just heard on the flight ops hotline the plan was to recall at least 300 next year and have an additional class of 20 in Dec. Anybody know what the junior recall number is?

From Skynetlite:

Junior Pilot to Receive Recall Offer: Seniority # :8202, Hire Date: 08/13/2000 Pilots Exercising Bypass Rights: 693

Junior man on the seniority list: 8655, DOH 8/6/01

Current junior number to be recalled is 8202 with a hire date 8-13-2000.

There will be 39 in the class starting this week (last week of September.) This class was originally listed as having only 30 recalls.

The additional class of 20 just posted, starts December 4.

If you hear what domiciles they are getting please let us know.

Cheers.

Latest resources

Back