Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Andy

12/13/2012
It looks like United is burning through the seniority list quite a bit faster now that we're into pilots who have been furloughed for more than 4 years. Here is a post from UAL ALPA board:
"Bob Jordan just called to offer me recall for the 10/16 class. He said it was ~ 50/50 300s and 320s with the 300 slots mostly @ ORD and the 320 favoring DCA. He asked my intentions and said this list was from 8034 to 8117. I'm 8092 and 99% sure I will go on LOA."

Just a week or two ago, the junior guy recalled was 7983.
There are a total of 8655 pilots on the UAL seniority list.

A couple days ago the company posted vacancy bid awards effective January 2007. There were 98 unfilled vacancies. Most were 300's and 320's to ORD, DCA and some to LAX. There were a couple 767 unfilled vacancies as well.

The last I heard 4 pilots had to be called to get one training slot filled. It appears that the ratio is getting larger.

Got a call yesterday...Jul 00 hire. Struggling with the decision to leave or stay at Airtran. Unfortunately live in Csprings. Terribly long drive to work. Bypassing for now, but I do believe the bypass is going to be very short lived. Any thoughts from the gallery?

Grizz

ualgrizz said:
Bypassing for now, but I do believe the bypass is going to be very short lived. Any thoughts from the gallery?

You're probably right. You may have bought yourself until next fall, but most likely only next spring. The wild card is how fast we burn through the list on the second pass.

Andy,
I was in your 6/18/00 class and got the recall pkg in the mail today for the 26 Sep class. Pretty short notice. Curious though...have not received any phone calls from the company.
Randy

Andy,

Judging from Puppy's post I believe you will get the call from Bob any day now. Would you be kind enough to gather some intel from Bob? Will recalls continue at the present rate into next year? Any word from manpower planning on next years staffing levels? What consideration is being given to the possibility of extending the retirement age? Could that lead to additional furloughs? Any credible info is good info at this point. I sit #8494 and trying to decide what to do. PM me after you speak to him.

Thanks,

Guppy

Sky Net just updated the junior number to be recalled as 8123. That puts the company into recalling the original 591 furloughed on 31 Oct 2001.

I'd suspect most of the original 591 have either moved on, or are fulfilling other obligations at this point. It'll be interesting to see how many need to be recalled to fill a class.

I too am curious how the variables, like age 60, will affect the junior person. If you folks get any gouge from the recall phone calls, please let us all know. I'm 350 from being recalled and wondering what time frame we're looking at now to complete the list.

Latest resources

Back