Latest on UAL recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Junior Pilot to Receive Recall Offer: Seniority #: 8516 Hire Date: 04/18/2001

Anyone know if possibly that class date is off? Maybe 8516 was a Jan or Feb '01 class? I saw it on Skynet Lite and didn't think they had even gotten to 3/01 furloughees yet...

Last edited:
I took a look at the ALPA 2006 Seniority list, and you are CORRECT! 8516 was hired 18 Feb 01. Looks like a big type on SkyNet.

Word is the class sizes are increasing for Jan 22 and Feb 5. People in the Feb 5 are being moved up to Jan and additional people are being added to the Feb 5 class. The list should be exhausted for the first run through very soon.
Like I tell my kids, "Make good decisions."

The 5 Feb class has 20 pilots. Talked with DEN flight Ops yesterday. Was told they would get to me for a 2nd callcack in 2-3 months (#8015).

DUDE! I've kiilled too many brain cells; I don't remember ya. I'm 8004. Definitely not a wallflower during our classes.
I talked to Brett, 8003, not too long ago. He's been flying contract in sandland but will likely return. 8005, 'The Brain', will likely not return; he's flying for SWA.
Whatcha been up ta and how will I remember ya?

Frats,

Andy

So the MEC wants to put the 1% into the retirement fund vice a pay raise. Why? I haven't seen anything explaining the advantages of this.
Caution: thread drift. If anyone answers this, maybe it should go onto a new thread.

Pro: Easier to negotiate a 1% pay raise later than a 1% increase in B Fund.
Tax deferred.

Con: 1% pay raise would result in .15% increase in B Fund, so total 1.15% raise. Hurts those who already max out retirement contribution.

DUDE! I've kiilled too many brain cells; I don't remember ya. I'm 8004. Definitely not a wallflower during our classes.
I talked to Brett, 8003, not too long ago. He's been flying contract in sandland but will likely return. 8005, 'The Brain', will likely not return; he's flying for SWA.
Whatcha been up ta and how will I remember ya?

Frats,

Andy

Andy,
I was paired with Marcus during training (two retired AF guys matched up as FO-FO, trying to figure out the PF/PNF break-out of cockpit duties). It was a struggle. Marcus was the F-111 guy; I was the F-4 guy. I'm flying contract ops right now for the USAF; great job but limited benefits...thinking about saying "no" to the 2nd recall. Anxious to see what shakes out with the merger stuff...

Randy

Andy,
I was paired with Marcus during training (two retired AF guys matched up as FO-FO, trying to figure out the PF/PNF break-out of cockpit duties). It was a struggle. Marcus was the F-111 guy; I was the F-4 guy. I'm flying contract ops right now for the USAF; great job but limited benefits...thinking about saying "no" to the 2nd recall. Anxious to see what shakes out with the merger stuff...

Randy

I understand your dilemma. I'm going to take as much mil leave as possible - I plan on taking 6 years total. I'll have to return in '09 for a year due to the current AF Reserve rule which allows you to be on man days 1095 out of a 1460 day rolling calendar.

I've heard the Jan and Feb classes will be split with about 50% 757/767. Any truth to the rumor. And, related to that, I wonder if when they start hiring, if the 3 year freeze might get reduced?!

Puppy, where are you flying contract ops...if you can say? I'm flying with the Army down in Bogota and we see a TON of various contract flying going on. Interesting place to say the least.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back