Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FAXed it in today

Rcv'd FedEx 12/6 for the 05 FEB 07 class - DOH 3/12/01

Goin' back on a 7-D-1 leave until late next year. Hoping for a bus.

It feels good to be back.

Cheers.

Rcv'd FedEx 12/6 for the 05 FEB 07 class - DOH 3/12/01

Goin' back on a 7-D-1 leave until late next year. Hoping for a bus.

It feels good to be back.

Cheers.

Taco,
who did you submit your LoA request to? I've tried twice so far; unsuccessful both atempts at getting a personal LoA.

Puppy

Taco,
who did you submit your LoA request to? I've tried twice so far; unsuccessful both atempts at getting a personal LoA.

Puppy

I didn't think the company was granting personal LOA's unless it is to fulfill an employment contract of no more than two years.

Otherwise, I'd like to take a LOA and accrue longevity like some of the military guys/gals.

GP

7-D-1 Leave

GuppyPuppy/Puppy,

Once you have been offered a recall, it's too late. But a few weeks ago I submitted to my domocile a one year employment contract with my present firm (not aviation related btw) and had it approved by the FOS there who wrote a letter for my file; he was very accomodating and pleasant about it - thank you ALPA for getting us this important item in the contract.

Best,

Taco

Thanks Taco,
I waited too late...but will try one more time (using the union channel this time). Glad it worked out well for you.

Puppy

hi everyone,

I am wondering what "Recalled - LOA or LOA upon return 466 23.9%" means?

does that mean something like these guys postponed their recall?

I have about 600 121 pic, and was wondering when off the street hiring would/might

happen if the trend stays similar.

thanks

Here Is The Latest:

To all furloughees,

United has announced the second and third recall classes of 2007. Offers of recall have been made for a 22 January and a 5 February 2007 recall class since the last “Recall Update”. There were 145 initial recall offerings made, plus an additional 17 pilots coming off of recall bypass for these two (2) recall classes. Recall has been offered down to seniority number 8516 (DOH 18 February 2001).

The following are the recall statistics as of 17 November 2006:

As of the 6 November 2006 recall class:
Recalled - Active Status 576
Recalled – LOA 354
Bypassed 795
Resigned 22
Retired (over age 60) 2
Deceased 2

Total Pilots remaining on Furlough/Furlough Bypass 1216

Including the 4 December 2006, 8 January, 22 January and 5 February 2007 recall classes:
Total Offered Recall 2029
Total Furlough Status 139 (have not been offered recall)
Total Responses to date 1945
Recalled - Active or Accepted 654 33.6%
Recalled - LOA or LOA upon return 466 23.9%
Bypassed or Verbal Bypass 803 41.2%
Resigned 22 1.1%

Based on the current statistics, we believe that initial recall offers will be made to all United furloughees by a March 2007 recall class offering. The company has indicated that it plans to recall between 20 and 40 “active” pilots a month through the spring of 2007, though no further class dates have been announced.

UALMEC Furlough Coordinator

hi everyone,

I am wondering what "Recalled - LOA or LOA upon return 466 23.9%" means?

does that mean something like these guys postponed their recall?

I have about 600 121 pic, and was wondering when off the street hiring would/might

happen if the trend stays similar.

thanks

It means that these folks have been recalled and are now on a leave of absence. I figure that most of those on leave are on a military leave which can be up to six years in length (depending on their orders, of course). Most of those on a civilian leave will probably not be out more than two years.

The civilian leaves are being given mainly to those furloughees who have to satisfy an employment contract with another company. JetBlue does this with their new hires (requires a two year commitment). So, if a UAL furloughee is currently working for JB, that pilot can accept their UAL recall and take a personal leave to satisfy their two-year commitment to JB, but would then be required to return to UAL.

I believe that those on any type of leave who have accepted a recall will continue to accrue longevity as well as seniority.

Many people think United will have to start hiring in late '07. Maybe. It will all depend on those who have bypassed and whether they decide to return or not. United has at least 803 pilots currently on bypass status.

I am currrently on bypass, but haven't made up my mind yet as to whether I'll come back to United (although I'm leaning heavily towards going back).

Good luck to you.

GP

Andy, You're gonna be real popular with all the senior Captains you're trying to push out of their jobs. Hope you're off probation, Dude.

Last edited:
Andy, You're gonna be real popular with all the senior Captains you're trying to push out of their jobs. Hope you're off probation, Dude.

CAUTION! SEVERE THREAD DRIFT! Nice flamebait.
Yes, I am off of probation.
Push them out of their jobs? Give me a friggin' break. You want to deprive furloughees the right to return to their jobs.
And dude, if you've really got 20K hrs, you're too old to be using the word dude.

Latest resources

Back