Latest on skywest/Coex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Obi-Wan

This was taken from the coex boards. take it for what its worth.
Jim Nides was on my flight from MTY this morning. We talked a few minutes at the hotel and this is what he said about the Skywest deal The furloughed pilots will be sent letters next week and have the opprotunity to work for Skywest. They don't have to fly only in IAH on the 120, they can bid the crj. There is no formal interview process, only meet and greet. There will be classes for 8 FO's per month until the end of the year. I asked him what the other cities Skywest would fly to besides Waco and Killen and Nides wouldn't tell me. The only detail I'm a little unsure of is when the letters will be sent out, but I think that next week is what Nides told me.

This is true.

However, from my side of the fence our folks are saying only if seniority is resigned.

If seniority is not resigned IAH is it.

We will have to wait and see.

Splert

I figure I'll say it before hotwing, but how would that affect people waiting to get on? I had a interview cancelled after the war started and working three jobs is starting to get old. How many furloughed xjet guys are there out there?
Living the dream.

Are some COEX guys going to be lucky or what! How many COEX pilots will asked to get furloughed so they can get a shot at SkyWest?

"Are some COEX guys going to be lucky or what!"

Yep, we've got it pretty easy. All this!....and after just two short years on furlough!.....:rolleyes:

Aldassy,
the jobs for furloughed Coex pilots should have very little, if any, impact on the SkyWest poolies at all. Only the number of jobs created by the CAL codeshare will be available to the Coex furloughs. So, this agreement should neither speed up, nor slow down the rate of training for those in the pool. Of course, that doesn't take into account the time training takes and the accompanying bottle-necks. Although I doubt SkyWest will allow themselves to become understaffed regardless. It must be hard for you guys after going through the interview process and waiting for a job to see what appears to be a group of people "cutting" ahead of you in line. Keep in mind, though, it is only temporary.

p.s. I do feel very lucky to have a shot at a job with SkyWest. I just feel the tone of KFFA's post was a little condescending.

Last edited:
I little good news for the Skywest poolies, 6 classes were just announced on Friday, 4 RJ and 2 EMB over the next 6 weeks. However, I do not know the size of each class.

NO one at express is giving up their seniority.

Really?? All of the furloughed guys are that allegiant to COEX? Perhaps, but I doubt it...

This is how the seniority issue was explained to me, straight from a SAPA higher up.

If an Xjet guy/gal comes over and is offered a spot at Skywest, he/she is given a seniority number at the bottom of the list. That number is theirs until someone from Xjet that is more senior comes along, it then becomes theirs until a more senior Xjet pilot comes along, etc., etc., If the pilot decides to resign his/her seniority number at Coex, the Skywest number becomes theirs. Make sense?

I dunno, sounds like a good deal to everyone as far as I'm concerned. Xjet guys get to fly long before they would if they hold out for Xjet and get the choice of staying or going, Skywest gets more flying and expansion, win/win as far as I'm concerned.

As far as the whole, "it's Coex flying" is concerned... Well, the way I see it, if mgmt. had felt that way and truly wanted it for themselves, they would have pulled the EMB's out of Roswell and called back their pilots. It obviously doesn't make sense to use jets for some/all of these routes or they'd be doing it already...

Just my humble opinion..

really?

Jim Nides was on my flight from MTY this morning.

really?

my buddy had Jerry Atkin in his jumpseat the other day, and he said that they'd be offered interviews, but no special treatment and no shortcutting of the SkyWest interview process. That they would be treated just like any other interviewees/newhires.

hmmmmmmmm

Latest resources

Back