Latest on skywest/Coex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bid closing

I think the bid will not "close" until either a few days before the scheduled class--or they get enough upgrade bids from current f.o.'s. This is what they have done in the past. In the very remote possibility they don't get enough existing people who bid emb captain in IAH, then it is likely they would put a qualified new hire as a captain. However, in the past, insurance requirements dictated 2500 hours total time and 1000 hours multi-turbine PIC in a 121, 135, or military environment.

Re: just the beginning

hawkowl88 said:
I had a management type in my jumpseat the other day who strongly hinted that the IAH Emb120 flying is just the beginning. Apparently CAL mainline has hinted to Skywest they aren't very happy with their current arrangement. Since the current contract is up in 2004? Skywest may have the opportunity to grab the entire route structure. Then who's flying will it be??

Enjoy.

Well I had a CD MClean, President of CAL, on the jumpseat the other day and he said the codeshare was facing difficulties from the insurance underwriters. It has something to do with all Skywest pilots have tiny c*cks!

Nice flame bait. Contract ain't up to early '07 and Gordo's got a little to much vested interest (ie his own pockets) to straight up give the whole operation to Skywest. Just remember if your management tells you to cross our picket line, you have no legal recourse but to do so. Ah the joy of selling out your profession! BTW, when you cross that union line just remember with our big base in EWR we have 'friends.' I'll take the Sopranos over the Mormons any f*cking day.

:p

Last edited:
and the winner is.......

I'll take the Sopranos over the Mormons any f*cking day.

and the winner is.........41 posts until someone plays the tired, stupid, unintelligent, misinformed and ignorantly predjudiced 'religion' card.

get a life, geek.

Nice attitude there nimtz. So what was mckpickle saying earlier about militant SkyWest pilots? It looks like more Xjet pilots have that problem. More veiled threats, this time about what might happen to SkyW pilots if they cross a picket line. Geez, get a grip Soprano.

SkyWest pilots would be the last ones to cross your stupid picket line and sell out the profession. The company knows better than to make that demand. Look at the previous posts referencing the Comair strike.

This almost gets more and more entertaining, but it's actually rather sad. What a dork.

Hey Nimtz

Why dont you get off daddys computer jack@ss. If there were any problem with insurace, it is probably because the furloughed coex pilots have about 500 hrs. tt and about 15 multi. ahh those wonderful hiring practices of coex a few years ago.

Last edited:
Re: Hey Nimtz

Jetta said:
Why dont you get off daddys computer jack@ss. If there were any problem with insurace, it is probably because the furloughed coex pilots have about 500 hrs. tt and about 15 multi. ahh those wonderful hiring practices of coex a few years ago.

Thanks for letting me enjoy a laugh fellas. We all need to get out more, that's pretty obvious. Having read these threads for almost a month, they have become about as intelligent as RJDC vs DAL threads. That last post of mine was pure in sacrasm and if everyone (from xjet capt to skywest fo) cannot recognize that then they need to log off the computer a little bit more often.

Hey you now what, Skywest is getting the IAH flying and XJet is getting screwed by CAL management. There I said it, you guys win! Once again we see a race to the bottom by airline managment where trained professionals like ourselves are nothing but pawns. That's the truth we all recognize! Now can we please stop these stupid threads and wait until we hear the FINAL WORD from CAL management, the true master that they are!

You said it Nimitz. You know what guys. CAL is using you to screw us. Just like they used Commutair to do it. The diference was that the Commutair guys at least kissed us afterwards. They didn't go flapping their pie holes about how our guys might not be acceptable to them. They wore their hearts on their sleave and showed some humility and empathy for what was being done to us. Would it be that hard for you to do the same? I mean come on. Really! 44 Skywest guys are going to be captains because of this deal. So you guys are making out just fine. But don't tell us our guys might not "fit in" with your precious corperate image or that you are entitled to OUR flying. Just a little respect hu?

My God! (and I'm athiest by the way so take it for what it's worth)

You guys are the reason why I hate this industry!

Stop all of your bitching about this pilot or that one, or this group..................................etc.

Everyone knows it's management folk out there making the decisions trying to screw all of us!

Most of us got a free ticket here (low-timers), not really paying dues, so stop pitting one group against another!

And you know who you are, the pilot fu@&ing geeks that I cannot stand, the ones who think they knoweverything about flying but can't fu@&ing fly a plane!

Can we ALL please work together and make something happen here? Do we have to all settle for industry lowered rates? It is NOT the pilots, it's management making the pilots look bad! Making them vote this or that, or else!!!!!

I love to fly but I hate some of the negativity and bashing that goes on here, you just don't get it, there are two sides to every story, so get the facts.........and get a life.

Fly safe everyone, loosen up, we are really all on the same side!

Ain't it great how management pits us against each other. I'm a furloughed Coex Pilot, and would love the opportunity to do some flying over at SkyWest, and maybe even stay, California is calling my name. I have some great friends with that company, and have heard nothing but good things. Express Jet is a great company too. It's to bad that a couple bad seeds on both sides of the fence make the majority of us look bad.

Oh, and by the way when I was hired at Continenal Express,

1400 TT, 600 ME, 240 Turbo-Prop, 260 Lear Jet.

There wasn't that many guys that were hired with 500 TT, and let me tell the few that were, I've heard were exceptional pilots.

Some of you guys(both Xjet & SkyWest) need to "spank the monkey" more. It might help with the inflated egos.

Christian Mooradian
furloughed CoEx, EMB120

Question for those who used to be based in the "Great Nation of Texas" before the shaft was inserted and the "rock kicking" began? For all of you native Texans...it is just a joke.

Of the dudes/dudets that are on the street with Coex how long ago were you actually hired by Express (some have posted being out of work for 18 months)? Are/were some of you PICs? Is there an average TT of those of you not working? Are there some that won't meet SkyWest's hiring mins (1200TT, 200ME...I think)? How many people are out of work? Are there any Broncos in that group?

I'm just trying to get a feel for how my time/experience is going to stack up against the other "Professionals" that I will be sitting in class with soon...I hope.

Respectfully,

A pool man ;)

Latest resources

Back