Latest on skywest/Coex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WmuBronco,

Thanks for the info! I guess we were typeing at the same time. How many other Broncos are working or not @ Coex?

Good luck, see you in class.

Metro-

You'll stack up just fine with the XJT furloughees. I think all of us on the street were FO's, don't think there were any Capt's (maybe a small handful). I remember the total time varying from 800 to around 3000 when I was in class. Some will grasp things aurally, some by reading, and some won't excel until they begin FTD, sim, A/C training. In the end, we all make it and enjoy flying the line. I look forward to meeting you in class as well. I think it's gonna be a lot of fun!

BTW, I am pretty low TT myself, only around 1700. I was an SIC on the Diamond/Beechjet, PIC on the King Air 200 before getting on with XJT.

I know of about 7 WMU grads, currently working still and furloughed with Coex. I am sure there are plenty more out there. A buddy of mine just moved back to the ZOO for summer, definately have to head out there for some college honeys.

I'm still just curious on how this will all work out. I am one of the bypassed 33 furloughs, that is currently getting a paycheck as if I'm flying for Commuteair. Pretty nice to get paid for doing nothing and work as a part time instructor on the side. I'm wondering if I can bypass recall to SkyWest, and still get paid for doing nothing till I return to CoEx. According to the way the document was wrote, us 33 will be paid up until the day we begin training again with EXPRESS JET, not SkyWest, so looking at that, i would say yes. I guess will know something soon. Oh yeah, my hired date at CoEx was 4/9/01, I was furloughed as of 10/01/01, so I'll be up to 20 months now on the street.

Last edited:
But your welcome in IAH is going to be lukewarm at best.

this statement really cracks me up. you must be a real tool!

let me guess, daddy is an airline pilot right??? hooked you up after perdue, huh, or maybe riddle??:rolleyes:

DanielWebster said:

Like you know the guy...:rolleyes:

It will be nice when cooler heads finally prevail. XJT management are the ones doing the shafting here and everyone needs to realize this and quit the pissing contest. Certain cards have already been dealt and everyone need to make sure that the guys on the street get a fair deal.

Last edited:
Oh! gosh, I have been here X years, did you see how that guy looked at me! oh gosh oh gosh o I quit.

Chief Pilot gets a call: HI, I quit, Captain McPickle came me a baaaaad look. I have a sudden urge to be a plumber. Buh Bye.

Mcpickle, I sense you are a very vocal minority.

DanielWebster said:

let me guess, daddy is an airline pilot right??? hooked you up after perdue, huh, or maybe riddle??:rolleyes:

YOUR FUNNY. I humbly will try to respond to a 747-400 pilot. Which I find rather amusing since if you did go to Daniel Dumpster I highly doubt you are.

And just so you know my almna Mata (you get the idea) is the same as yours.

Last edited:
I really don't understand how anything I've said is that bad? We are getting the shaft and on top of it a bunch of guys are on the boards telling us how we should lay back and enjoy it. We are pi$$ed. There isn't much we can do about it but I have said time and again lets wait and see what happens. But a bunch of skywest guys just wanna jump up and down about making it as hard as possible. This thing is going up our a$$ we dont need a bunch of Skywest guys trying to turn it sideways. I am not going to win the debate that it is OUR flying. But 95% of my co-workers feel the same as me. Doesn't look like I'll win the meet-and-great argument either. But 95% of my co-workers agree.

So what are you so bent about. The fact that I asked if a Non union carrier might possibly scab our work since we are in heavy contract talks? BFD. I asked, you answered get over it. I have not started any personal attacks so why are you?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back