Latest on skywest/Coex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trip-

Thanks, I look forward to happier days. I'm sure all XJT pilots will bring a positive attitude with them- this is not a mandatory decision. Those who don't wish to fly for SKY, won't sign up.

Those of us that do will display commitment in class/training etc. ;)

Okay, for about the 100th time....

Now that the "meet and greet" is official, will the Xjet people be getting a seat before the poolies?

News flash-
New info on Skywestpilot website, there is no definitive answer as yet, some reps are saying somewhere between meet and greet and full interview. Will someone who goes for one ot these whatevers please post what it really is?
dazed and confused
ola
PBR

Meet and Greet with a smile :)

Been following this thread with interest.
On July 1st, I start flying out of IAH. No matter where my FO is from, SkyW or any other airline..all I ask for is a great attitude!
I promise to show up at IAH with the same!

See all of you in IAH!;)

A funny thought just occured to me:

SkyWest guy walking around in IAH when Coex pilot says "hey man what gives with you taking our flying!"

SkyWest pilot says flatly, "no I'm not."

Coex pilot: "yes you are you piece of %#$%! We have guys on the steet and you bastards are in here taking their jobs!"

SkyWest pilot says calmly: "Actually, no I'm not. I used to work for Coex and when I got furloughed I went and got another job at SkyWest. In fact I used to fly the Brasilia out of Houston on these same routes. You see, CAL management hosed me with their flow backs that pushed me out on the street. Now It's like they're just making up for it by giving me my old job back."

Coex pilot: "Grack, you got me there"

In the mean time another Coex pilot walks by and says to SkyWest pilot: "Hey Fred, nice to see you back on the property. what's with that funny uniform?"

Ok maybe it's sad not funny,
B. Dover

Mcpickle is pretty funny. He post here like a bad ass, throwing the scab word around and saying how unwelcome you guys will be in IAH. Then he post on the CAL board like "hi guys what do you think of this..." I think he has some kind of bipolor disorder.

Cal management isn't responsible for the flowbacks. If Coex pilots are mad about them, they should point the finger right where is belongs, at themselves. The Coex pilots wanted the FTA, they voted for it in their last contract. The flowback provision was a part it. Nobody else is to blame for it, not management, not other airlines.

wild bill kelso said:
Mcpickle is pretty funny. He post here like a bad ass, throwing the scab word around and saying how unwelcome you guys will be in IAH. Then he post on the CAL board like "hi guys what do you think of this..." I think he has some kind of bipolor disorder.

Im not going to get into a pi$$in contest with you. I never said they would be unwelcome in IAH. WHAT I said was that the guys with the attitude that "our pilots are not worthy of a job at Skywest with out a full interview" is going to ruffle some feathers. I have never accused ANYONE of being a scab at Skywest. I asked a question that was very pertinant to our situation. I have gone out of my way to welcome the Commutair guys as I will do with the Skywest guys. My post on the CAL board is for one reason. To keep the MAJORITY of members in OUR union informed at to what is going on. If you have a personal problem with me than take it up with ME.

pickle,
Your attitude is exactly why the interviews should and will be done and exactly why YOU wouldn't be hired at Skywest.

guitarflyer said:
pickle,
Your attitude is exactly why the interviews should and will be done and exactly why YOU wouldn't be hired at Skywest.

Really. Thank your for the CONSTRUCTIVE critisism. I still am not sure what I have said that is SOOOO Scarry. I have stuck to the same argument. I dont like the posters who have wanted it to be dificlult for our furloughed pilots to secure jobs. Jobs flying routes they themselves used to fly. I will not rehash the whos flying it is argument. But I have not tried to show any attitude. I have simply stuck to my guns that our pilots should not be shown attitude buy Skywest guys trying to make things difficult.

And guitar flyer. If I can make it through Dresser and I can make it through the CAL interview board, I think I could handle your interview.

Otherwise I am done with this. Welcome Skywest, good luck on your contract TA and the outcome of the vote. Good luck to the furloughed XJT guys we are still trying to get you home. Everyone fly safe.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back