• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest at Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll bite. I'd like to see the union for: bases, pay, day one issues, last day issues, job action security, guaranteed recalls at released terms, and any future changes which may come that aren't in play right now.

Union at flex wouldn't be so bad. Management/labor relations aren't horrible and a union wouldn't change that. All it would do is give labor a seat at the table.

There's nothing to fear except fear itself. I think non-union folks are afraid of change and that's OK. My grandma was scared of the auto-mobile once but in the end she embraced them and couldn't live without one.

It's easy to create a wish list, now list the things you're willing to give up to get them. It's a negotiation so nothing will be free and everything is fair game.

It's easy to create a wish list, now list the things you're willing to give up to get them. It's a negotiation so nothing will be free and everything is fair game.
Very good point. Democracy is messy but with a union at least you get to practice it at the work place.

Yup. Right now it's management telling us what our issues are and then letting us put some cursory input into the solution. Granted they've picked a few good ones, but it's a one way street where I can either sit and watch, get in line, or get run over for trying to head upstream.

There is another option...

The Flex pilots could claim a bona fide seat at the table where true discussions take place among equal partners. As it is now Flex management doesn't have to change their one-way communication style and apparently won't until the pilots (with legal backing) insist on it.

No one should be surprised when management places a low priority on pilot issues. It's a pilot group's responsibility to promote their own interests. You can't expect managers to care more about your career and your family than you do. Like it or not, being unorganized tells management you don't care enough to bother so they can just set the agenda that matches their interests--not yours. But surely you guys have topics you'd like to discuss? Best Wishes, NJW

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.....

You're preaching to the choir. I sent my card in, along with probably everyone else on this site... and all we got in return was a pen from 1108 with our company name spelled wrong. What a joke.

Last edited:
That's awful....:mad: When did that happen? The 1108 pilots were rather distracted, fighting for their contract. Now that their foundation is in place they should be able to offer more assistance. After all, they were able to get organized and win a contract so it just stands to reason that Flex pilots would be able to, as well, especially now that the method of counting votes has been made fair. Where there's a will, there's a way.

A contract is worth the extra effort so I hope you'll try again. If you don't get the proper response I'd keep moving up the chain until you find the right person. [/I] Flex pilots deserve a seat at the table and some control over their destiny. Your families deserve a balanced schedule offered by the industry standard 7 and 7.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.....

You're preaching to the choir. I sent my card in, along with probably everyone else on this site... and all we got in return was a pen from 1108 with our company name spelled wrong. What a joke.

What did you want? What were you entitled to? Have you never spelled anything wrong? I'm not saying it is right, but it is a bunch of pilots running the 1108. And everyboidy nose we dont spell good. So if you want a Rolex, yu better get another career. What have you done to help the 1108 (bunch of pilots, volunteering there time) with your card drive?

Your families deserve a balanced schedule offered by the industry standard 7 and 7.

This is why you can't be taken serious. You have no idea what any of our issues are, but you keep insisting we are so mistreated. Our schedule has nothing to do with it. Your husband can keep his 7/7 schedule. There aren't many I know that want to be gone for 7 days. Though I understand why your husband might. We have a far superior scheduling system that allows us choices rather than a ridged 7/7. We do have our share of issues much like the unionized company your husband works for. Sorry, but that's life. I am not against organization, but at this point not enough people feel it's necessary. If you really think about it, that's a good thing. Perhaps it will change in the future, but the decision can not be forced.

I will agree that I think we have the most schedule options/flexibility in the industry. I bet we are last in crew catering tho...

Latest resources

Back