• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

lakes layoffs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So I am to understand that the DOT did not approve Lakes for the additional routes because of a new airline “Westward” operating PC-12’s got the routes without an EAS contract…

Anybody who can add info…would be greatly appreciated

Mooser

mooser said:
So I am to understand that the DOT did not approve Lakes for the additional routes because of a new airline “Westward” operating PC-12’s got the routes without an EAS contract…

Uh....I read through that twice...it says routes were awarded to Great Lakes. Or did I miss something?

On another note, I've been looking for some info on this rumored Nebraska Airline with PC-12's. Anyone got any info?

Bummer to hear about the layoffs, and the delay to an August class as being the best case now...

Any new info would be welcome regarding why this happened, and what chances there are of it being reversed any time soon.

On a seperate note, how many people are in the hiring pool right now?

lask week it was around 20; now it includes april and may people...

I am confident that the powers at be at GLA didn't hire all of us if they didn't expect to use us. I hope this PHX expansion works out for all of us!!!

Mooser

mooser said:
I am confident that the powers at be at GLA didn't hire all of us if they didn't expect to use us.

I wouldn't be. ;)

over-confident

mooser said:

I am confident that the powers at be at GLA didn't hire all of us if they didn't expect to use us. I hope this PHX expansion works out for all of us!!!

Mooser

I wouldn't be too confident about anything "the powers that be" do at GLA. Furloughs are a way of life at GLA.

Hopefully the ongoing contract negotiations will be finished by the time you do get called and you'll make a liveable wage. From what I understand, it's been s...l...o...w going.

Good luck to you and all the Lakers!

W

Just talked to the chief pilot today and they are laying off 24 employees. That does not include all the people who have not passsed their checkride. He said it should be a short layoff but who knows! Hopefully

Bids are still out for new flying HON/BKX

Bids still out for PHX flying to 5 undisclosed cities...

Hopes are that the newly awarded contracts can be renegotiated to EMB 120's.. (from the North Platte newspaper) when finalized in June.

The reason you are delayed or furloughed is b/c in order to bid these cities with the EMB, we had to be ready to put them in sevice right away. So our CP who has foresight (a new concept at Lakes) was ready for the captain to go from the BE to EMB, right seaters to upgrade, and had hired people to take those right seats on the 1900 as well as more new FO's for the EMB.. thus all the needed hiring.

Don't loose hope, this is a yearly deal, and the folks last year whom were furloughed are captains right now..

Latest resources

Back