• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Hiring - What's the Status?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey gang, how do the sched's actually work there. I understand it's 17 on. Are the lines set up that actually have you work 17 from day one? Or do you start duty then they use you for whatever they need for 17 straight with days in the hotel here and there? On reserve are you at home for 17 until they use you?

All of the above. You work 17 days. If you don't live near a hub, such as Newark/JFK, you will typically sit reserve where ever they want you. If you bid a regular line, it is a crap shoot if you actually fly it or not. There is Bid Line Garuntee. When times are slow, they have let guys sit Home Reserve. That lasts until somone screws it up and doesn't answer the phone when they should, then everyone suffers!

You can't get hired if you never apply.

I doubt I have a chance at this point in time (got to start someplace) but I submitted my stuff with only 4.5k total time and no PIC turbine. I'm actually semi-local to yip and would like to get on with Kalitta eventually, so I'll just keep updating til they tell me to stop or call me for an interview.

The two gentlemen without heavy time have internal recs over 8K TT, PIC 121 no bigwing or international. One has his MBA and the other has been a 121 CA for 4 years. Neither has an accident or incident.

MBA, that is funny, don't start that around here, we don't need restrictions like that to be hired.

Supposed to be interviewing through November. Plus, climbto350.com has ads for crew schedulers, ground school instructors, and a position in OSC.

Latest resources

Back