Kalitta Hiring - What's the Status?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

So, I hear that Kalitta will be adding a number of 747 classics and 400s over the next few years. What does the current fleet look like in terms of 747 classics and 400s (how many of each)?

Also, what's the latest hiring projection? I realize Kalitta is bidding on aircraft and that hiring number could change depending upon who wins the bidding wars. Are pilots typically gone for 18 days in a row at Kalitta like at other cargo operators?

Thanks for any update.

So, I hear that Kalitta will be adding a number of 747 classics and 400s over the next few years. What does the current fleet look like in terms of 747 classics and 400s (how many of each)?

Also, what's the latest hiring projection? I realize Kalitta is bidding on aircraft and that hiring number could change depending upon who wins the bidding wars. Are pilots typically gone for 18 days in a row at Kalitta like at other cargo operators?

Thanks for any update.
Yes, but over the next few months. 13 or so classics, 3 400's. Bid just came out for 12 classic FO's and 12 400 FO's. 17 days depending on where you live travel day one home day 17. Hope this helps. If you are interested in getting hired find someone you know and have them handle your resume.

From a friend who just got called for interview they were told hiring minimum of 40 over next couple of months for both 200's and 400's due to new regular contracts that are starting and new aircraft arrivals. FWIW

That comes and goes, don't bank on it.....its cargo. If your crunching numbers, plan on guarantee every month. The months you break it, its bonus!
I did 97.1 block in the 24 days 111.2 credit between end of July and beginning of August. I have done 512.3 block in the last 10 months and only worked 17 days for 7 of them. We have lots of flying and more coming. It is harvest time and peak is around the corner. By the way one friend who had to drop time is ten from the bottom.

Yes, but over the next few months. 13 or so classics, 3 400's. Bid just came out for 12 classic FO's and 12 400 FO's. 17 days depending on where you live travel day one home day 17. Hope this helps. If you are interested in getting hired find someone you know and have them handle your resume.

Very helpful. This is probably a common question that has been answered, but what are the differences between flying the 400 and the Classic in terms of routes, schedules, QOL and pay for newhires? Are there any differences or do they basically do the same flying? I would think the 400s do more hub/trunk flying. I realize there are currently more Classics than 400s in the fleet.

Also, where have recent newhires come from on a percentage basis? Mainly furloughed pilots? Any regional pilots?

Very helpful. This is probably a common question that has been answered, but what are the differences between flying the 400 and the Classic in terms of routes, schedules, QOL and pay for newhires? Are there any differences or do they basically do the same flying? I would think the 400s do more hub/trunk flying. I realize there are currently more Classics than 400s in the fleet.

Also, where have recent newhires come from on a percentage basis? Mainly furloughed pilots? Any regional pilots?

Pay is the same for both types. Newhires get $600 plus PD per week whilst training until completion of IOE. 1st year pay now is $65.52 per hour. Year 2 $73.32. PD is $40.80 per day Domestic and $62.40 per day Intl. New contract due Aug 2011

Flying seems a little more varied on the 200 and the 400's right now are operating a couple of regular contracts and thus routes. The 200's are picking up the extra 400 uncovered contract work until more arrive, so I guess with the 400 expect to see the same routes regulary.

Newhires have been a mix of furloughs and transitions (my friend interviewing is from the fractionals), again an internal rec goes a long way BUT not all have had one.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back