• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Hiring - What's the Status?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I realize everyone is basically flying the 18 day schedules, but which fleet will do more flying "on average?" Do you basically fly the same amount per month? Are the 400s primarily flying trunk routes while the 200s are flying more adhoc flights? Do they pay the same?

Also, why wouldn't current 200 FOs bid the 400 FO slots as new aircraft arrive? Is there a benefit to remaining on the 200 beyond escaping a potential seat lock with the new training?

untrue, 17 days, thats it. If you spend more than 17 out thats because you didnt plead your case to CS and get you moving in the right direction or adhere to contract. On date XYZ your done. 50% of the time they will not be proactive in getting you home on time, hence you better start puting a bug in there ear a few days prior.

Last edited:
untrue, 17 days, thats it. If you spend more than 17 out thats because you didnt plead your case to CS and get you moving in the right direction or adhere to contract. On date XYZ your done. 50% of the time they will not be proactive in getting you home on time, hence you better start puting a bug in there ear a few days prior.

Also, in situations where you don't get home by the 17th day, you can:
1. Take the overtime at 150% if you operate or
2. Drop a day on your next month.

I haven't had any issues. There's no junior manning here. If you don't want to work on your days off, you don't have to.

Is there a current interview gouge posted anywhere?
In 2007 you do a sim eval (Be prepared for the old school steam gauges) where you TO, enter a hold, then fly a raw data ILS. Interview is a panal with CP, assist CP, DO, assist DO, HR girl, and maybe one or two Check Airman. A few tech Q's on approach plates. "What if you're inside the FAF?" etc. Nothing brain shattereing. Mostly get to know ya, see if you play well with others stuff. I don't what it's like these days but I can't imagine it's changed that much. Good luck!

I heard people getting sim eval in 747 at YIP.

5000lbs an an hour give or take on all 4 motors will get the airplane in the ball park during vectors, configuring for landing.

I heard people getting sim eval in 747 at YIP.

5000lbs an an hour give or take on all 4 motors will get the airplane in the ball park during vectors, configuring for landing.

Yes, you do the sim eval in YIP on the 747-200.

Yeah, you'll fly more on the 200 for now anyway. The 400 is an easier job but I really like having an FE. Most guys are not bidding over to the 400 because:
1. They're gonna be able to hold 200 CA soon and there's a 18 mo seat lock when you change seats.

2. Most of our "10 percenters" are on the 400

what's a 10%er

Whats the status on hiring? Sent my stuff a while back and got the "thanks, it's in the pile" reply.....

Latest resources

Back