• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just Shredded The Union Card

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And what would you say about upper management? I guess they are here for us pilots.

No. the management has one goal. Make Money. That is what a business is supposed to do. I am not going to defend them..Power and Greed is powerful thing.

I guess my point really is that I am so tired of hearing these union leaders say they actually care about you. That is such BS.

The Union leaders supplying the cards are probably Netjets pilots who volunteer their own time without any compensation for union activity.

They want to help pilots at other fracs.

Pilots are my favorite kind of people. When we see other pilots @ Airport terminals or meet other pilots at events in our lives... we have a bond... a connection.

We don't want other pilots pressured to violate Rest and Duty regulations with floating rest policies. Pressured to fly over 14 hr duty days etc.. Fly fatigued because they are afraid to get fired. Fly broke airplanes.

We want all pilots to be properly compensated for the skill, experience, education and responsibility it takes to move people in multimillion dollar jets in the very demanding environment of fractional aviation.

I am referring to union leaders. Not union employees of the company. I grew up in a union town (so not an fractional avviation union) and saw how the union leaders of the national level made alot of money off the hard working person.(Uh kinda like the CEOs and their high placed friends) In most of the situtions that i saw (teamsters) the employees lost so much money during the strike that they never did make back what they lost, but the leaders would fly in on private chaters(Id love to see the MEC at FLOPS(orTeamsters Leaders for that matter) fly on a company jet) with tie and coats and then go into the restroom and change into their jeans to go to the picket lines. This statement is not debateble since i saw it with my own eyes. (Will not debate this, you probably did see this)

Again I am referring only to the head of the union not your local leader.
Uh, kinda like our CEO and the likes care about you

I would bet the national leaders could care less about the pilots..
Uh, Kinda like our CEOs and the likes, care about you

they just want to line their pocket and become more powerful.
Someone tell me what motive other than power and greed do these leaders have.

So fill us in on the motive of our over-paid CEOs

And dont give me the crap that they care! (I wont, because they (CEOs) don't) .Please!
If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.

Ok fine, If you believe the crap you spew out,then I have a planet to sell you (real cheap)

Last edited:
No. the management has one goal. Make Money. That is what a business is supposed to do. I am not going to defend them..Power and Greed is powerful thing.

I guess my point really is that I am so tired of hearing these union leaders say they actually care about you. That is such BS.

And I sick and tired of hearing that I'm a "Team Member" at FLOPS. I'm so not part of the team, and FLOPS management knows it. So its such BS

Im sorry I didnt know that CS had due paying members of the union. I thought someone from the union had given these CS guys the cards to send out. I am referring to union leaders and not employees.

I am asking a real question..are the guys who sent in out part of the union? or are they just the middle man at this time.

Nothing more than pissed of CS pilots (and none should be paying dues, yet). That have to hide behind fake names cause they know the likes like you will probably turn them in

What nerve the Union (1108) has sending the CitationShares pilots unsolicited cards in the mail. I just gave mine a quick trip through the shredder. They have gonads the size of elephants. Say NO to the union.

Great... enjoy your low wages,no growth and forced extended days Sounds like a good decision to me.

You must be MGMT!!!

I am referring to union leaders. Not union employees of the company. I grew up in a union town and saw how the union leaders of the national level made alot of money off the hard working person. In most of the situtions that i saw (teamsters) the employees lost so much money during the strike that they never did make back what they lost, but the leaders would fly in on private chaters with tie and coats and then go into the restroom and change into their jeans to go to the picket lines. This statement is not debateble since i saw it with my own eyes. Hmmm... Stay tuned.

Again I am referring only to the head of the union not your local leader. I'm glad to hear that. I have met Bill Olsen on several occasions and will tell you that he suprises the hell out of me. He is intelligent, well spoken, graceful in writing, and genuinly CARES about pilots. That is where I would say we are different from any other union you have encountered in the past. There is devotion beyond belief.

I would bet the national leaders could care less about the pilots..they just want to line their pocket and become more powerful. Someone tell me what motive other than power and greed do these leaders have. On the national level? I'm not sure I could debate you on that.

And dont give me the crap that they care! Please!
If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you. I honestly believe that the local 1108 leaders DO care about me/us. If you can't see this, then I will say that you have not done your research on them and are ignorant of the situation. So how much for that bridge?

Growth?

Great... enjoy your low wages,no growth and forced extended days Sounds like a good decision to me.

You must be MGMT!!!
How does 1108 lead to growth? Please no flame intented, how does a union lead to growth? My expereince with marginal privately held union airlines is they go out of business. TransAmerican ALPA 1984 , Zantop Tempsters 747, 1997

You must be MGMT!!!

What are you talking about? Low wages? Maybe not top of the industry but I don't think anyone would argue that we're paid pretty well. Growth has been slow, but fairly steady for years. Forced extended days do happen occasionally, but we're almost always on the first flight home the next morning, and we get overtime for it, same as you.

Last edited:
How does 1108 lead to growth? Please no flame intented, how does a union lead to growth? ....

It's very simple: a good contract leads to motivated employees who are then more productive. Satisfied pilots are the best form of advertising a frac company can have-- for new clients and new employees. It's no coincidence that most of the pilots wishing to enter the industry are first applying to NJA. They are also leaving other fracs to go to NJ. That all adds up to solid growth.

Gunfyter, Fisch, and Dime....good posts, guys!

Let the new year bring new methods. If the old way isn't working give it the boot....NJW

Latest resources

Back