• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just Shredded The Union Card

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status quo? A union is anything but status quo. The pot is always being stirred and once every four or five years everybody in the company needs to go through the never-ending and nervewracking nightmare called "negotiations".

Or, in the case of NetJets, the parties met with a common interest and hammered out an agreement without the "nightmare" you describe.

Status quo at a non-union carrier means a stable and profitable career without the nightmare of negotiations or the threat of a job loss due to radical union intervention.

At my last non-union carrier, it meant a compensation package that stagnated for fifteen years, healthcare contributions that went up repeatedly, domiciles that closed, furloughs, downgrades, and a pillaging of the ESOP that's still in court. All before 9/11, and all without a pesky union to look out for the rights of the pilots.

I'll take a union carrier any day of the week.

I just question the motives of the union leaders who sent these cards out. Are they really there to help you? Or are they there to line there pockets with your dues? What exactly do they gain other than more power and money by having CS join a union?

A unions worst nightmare is being placed on the 'do not call list'. But that day could happen.

IMHO, If an educated group (or an idiot group for that that matter) wants to consider specific representation, they have than right. For that labor group to have the right to interject is NOT right.

If we want ya, we'll call. Hopefully it will come to that one day, and everyone can make their own choice.

However, for a labor group to have some buddha-given right to just show up and force a vote seems to go against a basic right to choice.

I just question the motives of the union leaders who sent these cards out. Are they really there to help you? Or are they there to line there pockets with your dues? What exactly do they gain other than more power and money by having CS join a union?

As a member of that Union, I will tell you that they genuinly care about pilots. ALL pilots. (Yes, that includes B19, Bogie, and Family Guy)

BTW, We are doing just fine on dues. Our new contract meant more money for everybody, which means more dues for the Union. It is worth every nickel too.

You made a huge mistake shredding that paper my friend. Do you know the environmental impact of wasting paper?!:eek: I used my mailing to make a grocery list, plan the dimensions of a wood working project, make a rough draft of my new year's resolutions, and finally make another grocery list. You need to do penance to the Green Gods and be more careful in the future!;)
I used mine to wipe my a$$ and then mailed it in. Now thats multi-tasking! :laugh: I just couldn't resist!:p

Who do you think your talking about? The guys who mailed out the cards are your coworkers. How do you think they plan on lining their own pockets?
They want fairness which isnt probably happening at your company. I know its not at FLOPS
I will gladly pay my dues, even for the little comforts that I have now.

Wow,

Maybe the reason some people (myself included) are resistant to 1108 is the way it is being presented to us at the other fractionals. There seem to be about 10 people at each company that post 95% of the time on here and they feel it is their right to DECREE that every fractional MUST join 1108. If you have an opinion other than theirs, they call you a management pilot, a scab, or tell you they can't wait until they buy you and staple you to the bottom of their list. Wow, nice way to try to intimidate fellow pilots into doing what you say.

It seems that an employee group probably needs a union when management is treating you so poorly that there is no other choice. From my time spent in FBO crew lounges it seems that the only pilots that complain more than the NetJet guys/gals are the Flight Option guys/gals. Hmmmm, what do those two have in common.

It seems that the union promoters all want us to join because everyone else is doing it and by us joining 1108 we will all instantly get NetJet pay and work rules. When I was hired at FlexJet NetJets had a contract under 1108 and they were one of the lower paid fractionals. Why do these people believe that we will get what NetJets has now with our first contract?

They also tell me how bad management is treating me. Wait, isn't that a decision I am allowed to make, or do I need to relinquish all thought to the 1108 since they apparently know better than us. I do appreciate your interest in bettering all the other fractionals, and when I feel that we need that here I will probably come asking.

But please, until then stop sending me union cards that I didn't request and propaganda to convince me that 1108 is the only choice and that I would be an idiot not to give my first born child to join. Oh, and thank you for the orange FlexJet(s) pen that your dues paid for.

TWA 2 ASA FO
I don't think that is what we are saying. It won't happen with the first contract. But since organizing they have passed Flex by ALOT. That gap will continue to grow unless 1) Management steps up or 2) we organize and force them. Until we organize all we can do is say "thank you sir may I have another".

As a member of that Union, I will tell you that they genuinly care about pilots. ALL pilots. (Yes, that includes B19, Bogie, and Family Guy)

BTW, We are doing just fine on dues. Our new contract meant more money for everybody, which means more dues for the Union. It is worth every nickel too.

I am referring to union leaders. Not union employees of the company. I grew up in a union town and saw how the union leaders of the national level made alot of money off the hard working person. In most of the situtions that i saw (teamsters) the employees lost so much money during the strike that they never did make back what they lost, but the leaders would fly in on private chaters with tie and coats and then go into the restroom and change into their jeans to go to the picket lines. This statement is not debateble since i saw it with my own eyes.

Again I am referring only to the head of the union not your local leader.

I would bet the national leaders could care less about the pilots..they just want to line their pocket and become more powerful. Someone tell me what motive other than power and greed do these leaders have.

And dont give me the crap that they care! Please!
If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.

Last edited:
Who do you think your talking about? The guys who mailed out the cards are your coworkers. How do you think they plan on lining their own pockets?
They want fairness which isnt probably happening at your company. I know its not at FLOPS
I will gladly pay my dues, even for the little comforts that I have now.

Im sorry I didnt know that CS had due paying members of the union. I thought someone from the union had given these CS guys the cards to send out. I am referring to union leaders and not employees.

I am asking a real question..are the guys who sent in out part of the union? or are they just the middle man at this time.

Latest resources

Back