Just passed on NetJets class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SIU,

Go and have some fun. Save your money. You might need it by the time you come home. Airlines are dropping like flies and Fracs are going to be popular.

If you want my opinion. I would have taken NJA, but then again, I wouldn't consier ANYTHING in the Mid East for any kind of money.

NJA could have been a career.

If you think you will be able to fall right back into a job with Netjets if you get sick of Dubai, then you are very mistaken. Derinda was just being polite when she told you that. She has no ability to do as she told you. You will have to go through the whole process again, and the first question at the interview will be, "So you turned us down once, why should we hire you now?" Hopefully you didn't base your whole decision on having a NJA class as a fallback?

That being said, you're young, you're single, you're free. There will still be jobs back here in the USA if you tire of Dubai. So go enjoy Dubai. Just don't forget the sunscreen.

I'm not sure you are qualified to speak for Derinda, unless you actually ARE Derinda.

If you are in fact her, I recommend denying it to the grave. Your PM box will be full in 5 minutes!!!

Bad decision based on what? Why do you believe it to be?
And like I said DM told me that if I would like the opportunity to work for them in the future that I should give her a call and they would get me in class.

You asked "Am I crazy?". All I was saying was "Yes. Yes, you are."

Good luck and enjoy Dubai. Hope you don't regret your decision.

fischman I would have to respectfully agree with correcting ... Derinda is being moved farther and farther out of the hiring loop, and she may not even be here in two years, or next week. I think that is all correcting was saying. And yes I think he is crazy to go over there.

In my younger years I would have been in dubai in a heartbeat. I didn't do a job oportunity that I wish I would have when I was younger. Flying a floatplane off the ship in the med. I still look back and think what if.....

But then I realize the true economics of it all. The one all powering.... all stabalizing..... all knowing force.

Senority... and without it.... it decides if you stay an FO for 6 months or 6 years.

I can't tell you how many times I hear, "i once had the chance to go to xyz when they were hiring and my senority would have been xxxx"

Good luck, dubai is a fake, plastic city. Where we are the workers and the only chosen ones are those in the robes. You'll be fine, have a good time, and have some stories to tell.

In my younger years I would have been in dubai in a heartbeat. I didn't do a job oportunity that I wish I would have when I was younger. Flying a floatplane off the ship in the med. I still look back and think what if.....

But then I realize the true economics of it all. The one all powering.... all stabalizing..... all knowing force.

Senority... and without it.... it decides if you stay an FO for 6 months or 6 years.

I can't tell you how many times I hear, "i once had the chance to go to xyz when they were hiring and my senority would have been xxxx"

Good luck, dubai is a fake, plastic city. Where we are the workers and the only chosen ones are those in the robes. You'll be fine, have a good time, and have some stories to tell.

I almost fell off my chair here laughing when I saw the, "in my younger years!" Your just a little pup! C'mon.....geeeez!

Aww, c'mon guys. SIU may have made the right choice.......for him. Seriously.

NJA is a GREAT job!!

BUT, I have flown with one or two people who absolutely hate it here. They have their reasons. And for them, they're valid reasons.

One thing about NJA is that SIU won't have the kind of adventures here he may encounter flying over in the Middle East. I'm not talking about Indiana Jones swinging over crevasses in underground tomb type of adventures (although I am eagerly awaiting the release of the new movie!), but the kind he'll probably relate to his kids later in life (assuming he doesn't get hurt or killed in some of the more dangerous areas he's likely to fly into).

You only live once, and even in today's day and age, there are plenty of ways to make a good living if this doesn't work out for him. So he should go for it!

I will say that the one caveat he needs to keep in mind is what someone else already mentioned: Seniority is EVERYTHING in this game of aviation. If Dubai doesn't work our for him, he'll possibly have given up quite a bit of seniority at some place back here. It's a gamble. But he may also win big.

SIU, just have fun at whatever you end up doing.

Although I would have taken Netjets too, let's admit that this guy is young and he has a lot of time left in his career. Give him a chance to get Dubai and flying around the Middle East out of his system... He can always come back and get a good corporate job with solid international experience on the Legacy/Challenger. Let him do his thing...

Latest resources

Back