• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just passed on NetJets class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck. I have been to Dubai and have friends at Emirates. If you are not a wealthy tourist or a wealthy local you are just the help and treated like servants.

Who cares though, have fun and enjoy being youthful and single.

As we all know, there are some folks who dont much care for us types over there. Might want to invest in a very thick steel necklace....one which a knife wont cut through. Good luck out there in the sandbox.

As we all know, there are some folks who dont much care for us types over there. Might want to invest in a very thick steel necklace....one which a knife wont cut through. Good luck out there in the sandbox.
Dubai is very different then what you may think it is, I have been there twice in the last two months, I actually like it quite a bit.

Dubai is very different then what you may think it is, I have been there twice in the last two months, I actually like it quite a bit.

The country is pretty neat. They know their oil moola will run out soon so they are investing everything they have into tourism. Its a very safe place.

Good luck.. It is hard to look at a job from all angles and "know" what you are getting into.... part of a new job is saying F%$# it and going to try it out...

Do I think you are crazy for going to the Middle east chasing the dollar and passing on a NJ number? NOT ONLY YES BUT HELL FREAKING YES...

When I was furloughed from Continental express after 9/11 I could not find any flying work.. i ended up throwing bags on the ramp for a year.. in that year, I applied for a job flying fo on a corporate emb 145 in Equitorial Guinnea (sp?) Africa... Hind sight 20/20 I must have been crazy... I would probably be dead right now had I taken that job...

The problem with working in the middle east is that if you look at the wrong person the wrong way, or get caught with GOD FORBBID a bottle of Jack... OFF WITH THE HANDS....

The money sounds good but the problem is you might need to spend 10k of that 12.5k on a personal security detail...

All in all I think that we take our freedoms and laws for granted here in the US..... But who am I.. I dont know you.. you might be in the market for beautiful persian woman.... All I can say is GOOD LUCK AND DONT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU LIKE YOUR HANDS

PS how are you able to keep your class at NJ?

Well if thats your picture on the avitar

You won't be a pilot long.

2 trips to Dubai? Well you must have it down "pat".

There is a whole western culture there that Dubai has created to attract people like you.

You won't live like a king on that salary, but you will live like a king when you get home.

One last thing, I have never met friendlier Chineese, Russian, and African woman in the bars.

It will be hot beyond your comprehension in about a month.

If your a yound single guy it will probably be great.

When you are older I would think you would want the long term longjevity of Netjets.

Whatever choice you made my friend is the right choice for you!

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back