• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just passed on NetJets class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you think you will be able to fall right back into a job with Netjets if you get sick of Dubai, then you are very mistaken. Derinda was just being polite when she told you that. She has no ability to do as she told you. You will have to go through the whole process again, and the first question at the interview will be, "So you turned us down once, why should we hire you now?" Hopefully you didn't base your whole decision on having a NJA class as a fallback?

That being said, you're young, you're single, you're free. There will still be jobs back here in the USA if you tire of Dubai. So go enjoy Dubai. Just don't forget the sunscreen.

Last edited:
That being said, you're young, you're single, you're free. There will still be jobs back here in the USA if you tire of Dubai. So go enjoy Dubai. Just don't forget the sunscreen.

Have you read the Boyd report detailing the airline industry business plan being "nuked" with $110 barrel oil?

I dunno man. Sounds like RJ companies like AE, Comair, etc are going to be summarily dissolved due to the cost associated with operating only 50 seats at those speeds.

Basically, Boyd predicted that anything aircraft flying 100 seats will be like gold, DC-9 included.

50 seat RJs will get shot on sight. MANY schedule changes, even cities getting dropped altogether, will occur soon.

Bigger, fuller planes coming to a city (that still keeps air service) "near" you.

Take extra sunscreen.

Deisel, don't worry about the lost interview opportunity. The final part of the interview is where the applicant accepts the position. He failed.

Life's all about choices... he chose. It's cool.

If you think you will be able to fall right back into a job with Netjets if you get sick of Dubai, then you are very mistaken. Derinda was just being polite when she told you that. She has no ability to do as she told you. You will have to go through the whole process again, and the first question at the interview will be, "So you turned us down once, why should we hire you now?" Hopefully you didn't base your whole decision on having a NJA class as a fallback?

You (and guys like you) seriously need to sit back and ask yourself, just why this guy's decision bothers you so much?
Why is it necessary to cut someone down for not choosing the company that has obviously made you such a content and "happy" person?:rolleyes:
Why do you give a flying ***k what he does?
Seriously.
An interview is about interviewing the company as well as the individual. The company wanted him in their ranks, and obviously something during that process made him choose somewhere else.
Get over it.

He is going to Dubai....no danger of him being put in some Syrian-Egyptian-Turkish-Style prison....this isn't extraordinary rendition for the poor guy to be tortured, it's just another flying job in a different neighborhood.

I stated my opinion on his decision based on my experiences in aviation... in this business rarely are there bonus points for going out on an "young adventurous journey" to find your career.... It happens, but not often... With that said and in reference to the above quote... He is going to be living in Dubai, but flying to some of the most GOD FORSAKEN places on earth... and yes there is a danger of him being put in a Syrian, Egyptian prision... Look at the World Airways crew that got stranded in Angola when they went on strike and the company quit paying the hotel bill and the security detail walked away... these guys were stuck in the middle of a tribal war with NOTHING... :uzi: :crying:

I wish you the best of luck

You (and guys like you) seriously need to sit back and ask yourself, just why this guy's decision bothers you so much?
Why is it necessary to cut someone down for not choosing the company that has obviously made you such a content and "happy" person?:rolleyes:
Seriously.
Get over it.

HEY VOICE... LOOK AT THE FIRST POST.. HE ASKED OUR OPINION ON HIS DECSION... HENCE THE WHOLE POINT OF THE THREAD:erm:

Originally Posted by Correcting

Seriously.
An interview is about interviewing the company as well as the individual. The company wanted him in their ranks, and obviously something during that process made him choose somewhere else.
Get over it.

HEY VOICE... LOOK AT THE FIRST POST.. HE ASKED OUR OPINION ON HIS DECSION... HENCE THE WHOLE POINT OF THE THREAD:erm:

The "point" of thread was for intelligent input, not abuse as noted in the nasty comments of the post I replied to. It was also unnecessary for such "happy" guys to make jabs about how he will never "get" to go back. Guys like you are seriously delusional about yourselves, even though your misery through your posts speaks otherwise.
Think about it.

Deisel, don't worry about the lost interview opportunity. The final part of the interview is where the applicant accepts the position. He failed.

It isn't fraternity initiation where you have to "accept" the offer.....He failed?...At what?...

I wasn't aware that turning down a job offer constitutes a failure.

That doesn't make any sense.

A guy on my street went to go fly in the Kingdom for about 5 yrs and came back , retired and bought his house with cash.

So In 1998, I went to fly out of Dahran, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait City. Oil went down to about $6 barrel in 1998. I decided to bail out and go to EJA because I saw the writing on the wall. That gig died in less than 2 yrs after I left.

I think you should do well as long as oil prices stay high.

The "point" of thread was for intelligent input, not abuse as noted in the nasty comments of the post I replied to..

You seem to be the only one threatened, clawing your way out of a corner...

SIU specifically asked this board if he was "crazy"... Some of the people on this board said yes... including myself...

The point of the thread was not for intelligent input but to answer the original posters question if he was crazy or not.....

I do not know of the abuse you are refering to? Calling someone crazy that asked you if they are crazy does not constitute abuse in my book...

Get a grip on yourself and work on the battles you chose to fight

Latest resources

Back