• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just got furloughed from dayjet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice, you and B19 get off on a little lonely wife getting under your skin. Nice. The real point here is a pilot that has been with a company for a while has been laid off, and out of senority, which you seem to think is fine.

Do you even KNOW how to read? How many times is this? READ before you post. As I have said MANY times before, B19 is also on ignore. And WHERE the F you got I think its okay to lay off on seniority...well, you're just smoking something.:smash:

yeah....about that...

Jesus...the amount of management apologists here is almost as outrageous as DayJets' sense of ethics in cutting people loose.

The NJwife and other outsiders may not be privy to the sacred, cloistered, and no doubt COMPLETELY unique *cough* situations at operations like DayJets, however this hardly precludes her or anyone else from adequately judging this situation as staggeringly unacceptable.

So what if she constanly hawks the NJA model? It isn't exactly a bad example for other operators to follow.

no pilot job should be accepted for less than 70k per year for a 1 yr SIC.....anything less and your just hurting the rest of us.

First come, first served is such a wide-spread practice in our society that we look for it to be used in situations where we expect people to receive even-handed treatment.

First come, first serve is the best way to buy concert tickets and eat at McDonalds.

When your husband was going through flight school, I'm certain he wasn't chosen to fly fighters because he was first in line, it was because the Air Force felt he was suited to fly fighters. In the military, they can make the choice to assign pilots to the equipment they are best suited for. That doesn't work in the union world. Seniority rules in the union world,regardless of the talent level.

When trying to keep a fledgling company alive and layoffs are forced to prevent the entire company from failing, it makes perfect sense to keep the absolute best pilots available that fit the company profile. Is it popular? No, it's not, but the reality is that if you have a small pool of employees to draw from, you want to attempt to keep the best possible employees you can.

As I've stated before in your opinions, you don't understand the principals of basic business. You don't choose the best employees by taking first come, first served. You choose the best by performance, and knowing the folks I do down there I can assure you that none of it came easy.

Hey B19, if DayJet is nonunion, why are they shrinking in the first place? After all, there's no evil union involved to hinder progress.

Hey B19, if DayJet is nonunion, why are they shrinking in the first place? After all, there's no evil union involved to hinder progress.

The only chance they have for survival is because they don't have a union. If they survive through these tough times, it will be because they can run the company as it needs to be run without the interferance of a CBA.

Remember, the single biggest concern that I echo through all of my opinions is that unions hinder the ability of a company to operate when times are tough due to inaction.

Right now because Dayjet is non-union, they have the ability to hand pick the best employees and act quickly to keep the company alive. That's a very sound management group there and the decision to layoff anybody didn't come easy. However, if they survive through all of this, that will be one of the many factors that allowed the company to continue to operate.

If they had a CBA and couldn't quickly adjust to the market pressures, they wouldn't stand any chance at all.

I totally agree B19. Unions are evil. How dare they ask for reasonable compensation, defined work rules, and seniority rights.

Yeah that damn union at netjets got it record profits this year.

I can't read any of 19's posts since I have him ignored.

But I would stipulate that the profits at NJ are due to the great work of our Wonderful Management... if he would also agree that the losses and shrinking at other companies are due to their crappy management....

You can't have it both ways chief.

Latest resources

Back