• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just got furloughed from dayjet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correct. Dayjet is already expanding within Florida and it's clear that they've redirected the business plan. They are taking the best they have and are going to concentrate on it.

A CBA would have prevented that.

Not following the business plan has led them to this.. Has nothing to do with a CBA.

Not following the business plan has led them to this.. Has nothing to do with a CBA.

It has everything to do with a CBA.

A CBA is based on the company business plan and projected income. If the business plan changes where the company needs to adjust and survive, a CBA prevents a company from making those adjustments.

Let me correct myself. Perhaps you are right, it's not the CBA itself. In reality, it's the union and the inability for any union to react quickly to changes in a business plan to aid in the survival of the company.

Dayjet pulled the operation back, kept what they considered the best employees for the survival of the company and will work to strengthen their network within Florida. A CBA would have prevented them from keeping the employees that they felt were best suited to do this.

NTSB: Inspect Eclipse 500 Throttles Now

This might add to their troubles....they almost crashed at MDW!

A dual engine-control failure on an Eclipse 500 jet has prompted the NTSB on June 12 to urgently recommend the FAA require immediate inspections of the jet's throttle quadrants. The checks are aimed at making certain that pushing throttle levers against the maximum power stops will not result in an engine control failure.
The safety board also urgently recommends that the FAA require that operators replace all units that fail inspection and inspect replacement parts. And it is urging the FAA to issue an airworthiness directive requiring the aircraft manufacturer to develop immediately an emergency procedure for dual engine control failure and add it to the Eclipse 500 airplane flight manual and quick reference handbook. The safety board notes that the aircraft's AFM and QRH list procedures for single- but not dual-engine control failure.
The event that spurred the urgent safety recommendations occurred on June 5, when the aircraft (N612KB) was on approach to Chicago Midway Airport. The engine control failure resulted in uncontrollable maximum power thrust from the aircraft's two Pratt & Whitney Canada PW610F turbofans, according to the NTSB.
The pilots checked emergency procedures in the QRH. When they shut down one engine, the other rolled back to idle power and continued to be unresponsive to throttle inputs, according to the NTSB. The pilots declared and emergency and landed safely.
The safety board is concerned about the assembly reliability as the dual-channel failure of both throttle levers occurred on an aircraft that had accumulated only 238 hours and 192 cycles since new. And the NTSB is concerned about the reliability of an assembly with a short failure rate.
In addition, when a replacement throttle quadrant assembly was installed on the accident aircraft, advancing the throttle levers against maximum power stops caused the R ENG CONTROL FAIL message to appear on the crew alerting system.

the last 50% will be gone

I'm FIRING EVERYONE as soon as I take over --- FLOPS and DAYJET will be under my control and I will RULE the skies....

New Company Motto: ALL Planes for Sale, All Pilots to Unemployment

WOO hah hah hah hah hah

Latest resources

Back