Just got furloughed from dayjet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skyrider1016

Well dayjet just announced today massive furloughs, about 50 percent of the pilots just got the boot, and the great part is that they did not go by seniority! They wouldnt even tell us the criteria they used to determine the cuts, very classy company folks!!

How many pilots does 50% represent?

Also, you may have a jump on the guys who wern't furloughed.

Wow, this is a company I thought might do well. Goes to show what I know. Very sorry to read this. Best of luck to you. I hope you and the rest of your friends all land on your feet.

booted

When they let the 50% go, did they tell you when they would re-hire? or even if they did re-hire, in what order would they take everyone back? Or would they take ANY back, and just go to the streets to rehire...

Flex did this several years ago with the LR45 stablizer fiasco........

When they let the 50% go, did they tell you when they would re-hire? or even if they did re-hire, in what order would they take everyone back? Or would they take ANY back, and just go to the streets to rehire...

Flex did this several years ago with the LR45 stablizer fiasco........

With all due respect Peachy, let's keep the Flex bashing to a minimum, and please get our facts straight. The stab problem had nothing to do with the layoffs, it was a company wide, ie. Bombardier, thing. Those layoffs were in order of seniority.

A sad day indeed for the DayJet guys. I guess if there is a silver lining, you guys have a jump on the glut of airlines guys that might lose their jobs due to all the consolidation. Good luck.

What? no they weren't. Flex furloughed out of seniority order.

He is referring to the second time we laid off pilots due to the company (Bombardier) mandatory force reductions. The first time we laid off it was out of seniority. Trust me, I am intimately familiar with both of those situations. I don't want to start an argument, do a search on this forum for the thread "Flexjet Furloughs".

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=16768&highlight=flexjet+furlough

Anyway, this is about DayJet not Flexjet. Good luck to those guys that got the bad news.

Last edited:
The people who could multi-task best (i.e., scrub toilets and do computer data entry) were probably kept in the mix. I feel for the people let go but let's admit it, 50K to fly a little jet around expensive Florida does not sound like such a great job in the first place... Even with their "family friendly" dayport schedules. 50K sucks. You could probably find Eclipse owners who might need contract help who will pay you more than that.

Good luck to those who got the boot (and to those who remain). Not the best aviation job.

Latest resources

Back