• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue's Problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It ought to be monthly. As it is, the company keeps it for up to 15 months and then it's a crap shoot whether you can buy high or low for that year.

I'm trying to find the article but Federal law states the employer has to send the 401k plan assets to the plan trustee no later than 15 business days after the end of the month in which the money is deducted. This may seem like a long time, especially if your paycheck comes at the beginning of the month, but you should keep in mind that this is not a "deadline" per se, but an outer limit. The Department of Labor (DOL) regulations that govern 401k plans actually require your employer to put assets destined for the plan into the plan as soon as possible.

Jebtlue was, in many cases, exceeding this outer limit. Add to this Jetblue deposits the money into an STIF which earns interest off your contributions.

I believe the DOL was contacted however I'm not sure if Jebtlue was fined.

I don't think we've even discussed the original question in this thread:

How do you have a direct relationship when your pilots don't trust you?

Here's my thought:

The pilots who vote against representation and for the DR don't really care about trust or even expect much in the way of "prosperity" (an oldie but a goody) because they're all afraid of their own shadows.

Latest resources

Back