• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue To Base Pilot Pay On Customer Service Score

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep voting "no", you guys. Keep voting "no".

In a non-Union shop, no one's voting on anything.

I had to read your post twice. How could they possibly determine your pay, yearly audits? LOL. Good luck to all affected.

Here comes Allegiant pay.

Further destruction of a noble profession......

Amen.

The sad thing is, you can find at least 1000 pilots around here who think this is a DANDY idea.
Sad.

FACT:

The COO said (it's in the transcript) that he would like to pay pilots based on NPS.

FACT:

Committee pilots have CONFIRMED that jetblue is already tracking individual scores.

FACT:

Jetblue pilots sat by for 10 years and watched as their pay, work rules, and benefits were rationalized, twisted, and spun from THEIR prosperity into the prosperity of a few people at the top.

FACT:

Jetblue pilots will spend 10 years just getting back what jetblue took.

FACT:

Jetblue pilots ARE quite naive (you said stupid) as a group.

No emotion here. Just facts.

Got it in a nutshell. B6 pilots will get what management wants them to get. Period.

Um...how long have you been here?

SHOW ME THE MEMO. SHOW ME THE POLICY. SHOW ME THE PROOF.

Until then, you are wrong and I am correct.

Is it possible that they offer a bonus someday for good NPS score? Maybe. But it will never be a CORE part of our compensation.

Can we base executive compensation on employee satisfaction?

Jetblue does....

and when they don't meet the goals, they pay themselves anyway. I am not joking.

Actually they form a exec comp comm. to evaluate the goals they just missed and the comm decides that they tried really hard, so they should get the money. This all takes place in about a weeks time.

Meanwhile the pilots pay review (for the year 2012) that started in September and involves the tedious task of entering a handful of airlines captains pay into an excel worksheet has yet to be completed. Today is Feb 2nd. Last year said review took til June or July.

100% factual.

Bottom line- you collectively bargain- and no matter the downsides there is only one appropriate way to do that. If they had your best interests in mind, they wouldn't have ford and Harrison on retainer.

How do the anti-union types justify JB spending money on F&H and then voting no to a union?

If the company actually goes through with this or something even remotely similar, I would pull the safety card with the FAA, OSHA and media. It promotes passenger comfort/ experience over safety.

And how exactly would you do that? And what if a competitor came in having implemented the same proposal along with pilot endorsements and no effect on safety. Strike? Resign? Write to congress?

It's Groundhog day and according to the "Bluepilots" the sky is falling on Jetblue again!!! I don't understand why we just don't close our doors and call it a day around here! Working here just totally blows according to these guys. Really? How many pilots would dream to be in your shoes today, plying the blue skies? Jetblue isn't perfect. We have a ways to go before we're at that "place", but for now, in this economy (in this industry), we should be so grateful, so thankful.

Finally, like it or not, YOU ARE in the customer service business. Our primary duty is the safe conduct of the flight. However, if you've been around here for a while, you would also understand that you're also the leader of your flight team when that flight blocks out-- and that is where we're suppose to be "different" from all those other airlines who've pushed the "EASY" button-- that list is long and distinguished...

That's some serious blue koolaid bayou-
Nice- I drink a good healthy portion of orange and canyon blue koolaid aid every day- super grateful-

You know what SWA being the most highly unionized airline in the world should tell you?
That it's possible to drink that koolaid, have a positive, flexible relationship with mgmt, AND have the pilot agreement written in a mutually binding contract recognized by the RLA. They are not mutually exclusive. Would you buy a house w/o a contract? A car? Hell, you can't get a credit card or a cell phone without a clearly worded mutually binding contract-
Why not your career that pays for all that, Bayou?
Does your CEO have an enforceable contract with JetBlue??
Mind answering the question I posed above BlueBayou??? How do you justify the company's expenditures on Ford and Harrison?

I have stronger words for it- but let's say arguing slippery slope that because a pilot may want a recognized CBA makes him or her anti-company is irrational at best. A terrible argument sir.

Last edited:
So if you are on the Tarmac and the passengers want to stay on at the 3 hour mark and you go back to the gate will your pay go down to avoid the FAA fine?

Latest resources

Back