• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since the issue of our time and a half coupled with our quality of life has become such a topic of banter, it seems to me that a new pay model should be proposed.

You start out as a 5 year captain making 50.00/hr. with a 90 hour guarantee and as you fly less, your hourly rate goes up. Once you hit that magic number of 50 hours (flown) the rate hits 129.00/hr until you get to 25 hour flown at which point it goes to time and a half. Anything less than 10 hours flown per month would be at triple pay.

Does that make everyone happy?

thav8r said:
Since the issue of our time and a half coupled with our quality of life has become such a topic of banter, it seems to me that a new pay model should be proposed.

You start out as a 5 year captain making 50.00/hr. with a 90 hour guarantee and as you fly less, your hourly rate goes up. Once you hit that magic number of 50 hours (flown) the rate hits 129.00/hr until you get to 25 hour flown at which point it goes to time and a half. Anything less than 10 hours flown per month would be at triple pay.

Does that make everyone happy?

I had to put my coffee down for fear of third degree burns!!

G4G5 said:
Try not to wear golf shoes when you step on yours.

I am sure that every JB pilot has the ability to do the samething or are you just looking out for number one?

Some great system, How many days off would you have had if you weren't triyng to fly the FAA annual max? Maybe it's me but I don't consider flying 90 hours month after month an then having to commute on top of it, something to brag about.
Huh? Brag? My you are sensitive.

Once again thanks for your continued concern for the pilot group at JetBlue.

Your decision to not take a job at Jetblue or your failure to pass the interview has obviously clouded your ability to make cogent unbiased posts. That fact now revealed nulifies pretty much anything you have to say about JetBlue. Best of luck to you in the corporate world of flying. May you have greater success and stability than most in that arena.

Oh and by the way my line had 88 hours with 15 days off and I'm junior on the left seat list. I trip traded to something more productive that took me to 90 hours. And another thing Mr. Nosey all my trips were commutable and ended with redeyes so I was home in my bed by 10AM. So with my commutable trips I was home all or part of 23 days.

Well Speedo, since I have been chastised for giving my opinion on jetBlue by the blueGooders since I don't work there, I thought I would go ahead and leave the discussion alone.

I was going to say something like you can work more and make more money at other carriers, but the blueGooders seem to think that their company has a corner on that market. The blended rate for extra hours is great, but using it to compare pay rates for normal flying is nonsense.

Reading threads about the 190 pay scale and the commute to NYC just make me want to cringe. I guess my definition of a dream job is vastly different than a lot of other folks, and the more power to them. If you want to give NYC a go on those 190 pay rates I say go for it.

But I won't say any of that because blueGooders like IBadb will jump up and down and yell at me since I don't work at jB and thus can't have an opinion.

So I won't say any of that. I'll just think it quietly here to myself.

I wish nothing but the best for those at jB, I do however wish they would develop some thicker skin.

FJ

I wish nothing but the best for those at jB, I do however wish they would develop some thicker skin.

FJ

JHC! What else do expect B6 pilots to do Einstein? This board is almost a continuous bashfest on JetBlue by the usual ill-informed suspects, who couldn't formulate an original thought if their lives depended on it. FJ, your comment that B6 pilots need to grow a thicker skin is just another of those urban legends associated with B6, along with free airplanes and cleaning cabins. Try this out, before you throw down that "thin skin" label on B6 pilots next time, take just 10 seconds and ask yourself what would you do if this board took a regular dump on your so-called "airline."

zkmayo said:
G4G5,

JB has cancelled flights? Really, we have 100% completion factor for OCT and the only flights we cancelled in Aug and Sept were hurricane induced to include MSY, FLL, MCO. Unlike some other airlines around, the last thing JB does is cancel flights bc fuel is expensive and the flight isnt full. If a flight is cancelled, its bc of weather. Otherwise, you might get there late, but you can count on it were going.

Your statement in your above post is incorrect.

Prudential analysts cut quarterly earnings estimates for AMR, parent of American Airlines, and for Continental and JetBlue, citing higher-than-expected jet fuel costs and disruptions from Katrina and Rita.
Prudential wrote that it expects AMR to report a loss of 52 cents a share, as opposed to a profit of 33 cents a share. For Continental's third quarter, Prudential left its estimate unchanged at 29 cents a share, though its 2005 estimate widened to a loss of $3.67 a share from $3.47 a share. JetBlue is forecast to report a loss of 4 cents a share, instead of breakeven results previously projected

Feel free to take a look back in this post to where I quote the Wall street Journal on cancel flights.

Not good for Airline, jet fuel, Katrina and Rita are to blame but with the up coming months being the slowest things are not going to get better (for anyone)

Last edited:
G4G5-

The Wall Street Journal article that you hold in your hand like a Willie Wonka Golden Ticket is no more than an opinion from a reader. I have personally researched this issue and have found that JB has never (read: not since inception) cancelled a single flight due to a light load for a particular day. There is no semantics in what I am saying either. None. Not only have Legacy carriers done this in the past, it is actually regular business on a nearly daily basis.

What JB has done is to regularly review their schedule, as that is a primary effort, and determined what flights to add and what flights to pull back. Things like seasonal variation of schedule are common within the industry. Both these types of changes are not last minute changes that require re-booking and disruption. With regard to the person writing to WSJ, we either made a mistake with reservations or he works for the CIA or some other clandestine organization.

Juice

Jim jones had nothing on the Kool Aid you are drinking.

I write:
What happens next quater when Jetblue doesn't turn a profit, they are already canceling flights and telling wall street to beware?

And I do is get flamed,never happen, your a B6 hater, yada yada.

Then I come up with the proof that flights are canceled and that Jetblue will be reporting their first loss this quater and all I get is Wiilie Wonka garbage. Just so I have this right, what you are trying to say is that this is the only flight? This has NEVER happed before? That the same flight on the following date or week was fine? That every flight has great loads and mgt never has to cancel a single flight? That the current fuel problems have not cut into margins at all? That mgt would sooner lose money on a flight then cancel it?

Let me give you a news tip, fuel has effected every airline, every other airline is canceling low yeild flights. Why do you think it's not happening at Jetblue?

Wow, that is some powerful juice they have over there. Time to take the blinders off. With ZERO fuel hedges for 2006, that won't be the first flight canceled.

Or do you really believe that this was a one time "review of the schedule". Or is it posible that fuel prices and low, if not zero yeild had something to do with it?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back