Jetblue Seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G4G5 said:
The simple fact is Jetblue plans on getting 230-A320's and 101-190's ( I hope they get them all). That's 331 aircraft and two independant fleet types. How many pilots? 3,000 plus, maybe 4,000? .

You are incorrect about the 190's we have 2 with 1 enroute and 97 more on firm order, with options for another 100. So a total of 200 emb-190's. This is what gets to me about your facts they are incorrect.

Smoking Man said:
You are incorrect about the 190's we have 2 with 1 enroute and 97 more on firm order, with options for another 100. So a total of 200 emb-190's. This is what gets to me about your facts they are incorrect.
According to:
http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/content/view/51/17/

The second 100 are options that's why I did not mention them, they are options and not firm orders.

A loss in the 3rd quarter is old news g4g5..

Neeleman alluded to this about 3 weeks ago..

as far as my "stock options"...

i didn't even know i was getting them when i got hired..
and i would say most in my class didn't know either..

so they are "free money" if they pay out..

have you heard of Las Vegas?

I'm sure ALPA could come in here and get us a 3rd quarter profit...

why don't you go check on that catering?

G4G5,
Majors' board, why are you here anyway? pls just go away and spend the time you obviously have way too much of bugging people who care.

G4G5,
I know you as a basher of JB and old TWA from yahoo MB' s for quite some time. You are what you are.........an angry little man. Time to fact the facts.

B6Driver said:
G4G5,
I know you as a basher of JB and old TWA from yahoo MB' s for quite some time. You are what you are.........an angry little man. Time to fact the facts.

You crack me up. Let me guess for Halloween you plan on dressing up as a giant blue pitcher running around yelling "Hey Kool-Aid"

I told the TWA guys quitle clearly not to waste their time or money on a seniority fight. I had seen it all play out eairlier with my old man at PanAm. To spend money thinking that you would actually wind up with DOH is a pathetic waste of time. History has shown us time and time again how things will play out, yet you chose to call it bashing?

It called reality, come on and join us.

Oh that's right I was correct, you forget to mention that.

I am not angry just realistic, it's time to change the water in the bong Cheech.

Last edited:
elag777 said:
G4G5,
Majors' board, why are you here anyway? pls just go away and spend the time you obviously have way too much of bugging people who care.

I said that Jetblue was canceling flight and losing money and you said:

"G4G5 is flaming!! hellooo!"

I came up with PROOF and you came up with NOTHING. He's your chance little man prove me wrong. Show me where I have said something False.

Or consider yourself B-Slapped. SO far you have offered nada zippo. You know what they say about opinions.... except yours really stinks.

Don't worry about my dog in this fight, you don't know who my next door neighbor, my siblings or my college buddies work for.

Dizel8 said:
"Corrected? have you read the entire thread"?

Yes, unfortunately, but apparently it riles you up a lot more than me.

"There are guys who told me that unions are usless and that B6 would never need one".

The posters opinion, as silly as that may be, but it is similar to calling all G4 drivers idiots. Why even bother responding?

Real simple, because the individual was wrong and he/she needed to be corrected.

"Then I had a guy tell me that AA in on the brink of BK and Airtran is asking pilots for give backs."

There are those analyst that believe AA may be thinking about or need to do it, in order to get a better cost structure. I have also heard Arpey say, that such a thing was not in the cards for AA.Personally, I hope they don't. As for give backs at AAI, cannot say I heard it, but maybe someone did. We need some AAI pilots to know for sure.

Real simple, either you have proof that AA is planning on BK and Airtran is planning on asking for give backs or you don't. Show me the proof or shut up. Their is no in between, no need to ask Airtran pilots for crew room rumors. Just the facts please.

"Then there was the guy who said that once the 190 starts making money Jetblue will automaticly increase the pay rates."

Your crystal ball must be better than mine, since mine seem unable to predict the future. His assertions appear as valid as yours, both are simple opinions, although his is based on previous company actions.

Mine is not based on a crystal ball. Maybe you can show us where Neeleman has said the 190 rates are negotiable? My numbers are based upon the contract, not opinion.

"This was a classic:"By my math a 5 year JB CA makes $136K and the AMR 12 CA makes $ 116 K per their contract" Then I do a pay comparison and get ripped for bashing jetblue pay rates."

I have no idea what a AA captain makes, well, that is not entirely true, I have a bit of an idea, but never sat down and did the math as you did. Why not, you may think, but I do not work at AA and to tell you the truth, I rather like jetblue.

It's real simpe to find out what an AA captain makes, that's the problem you are too LAZY to do the research.

"Or the guy who tries to tell me how he has a high quality of life flying the FAA annual max".

Some guys think they have a high quality of life, flying a G4, but living on a pager. Some feel they have a high quality of life, working nights all the time. I tried both, well not the G4, it was a Lear, but my quality of life is much better now. If the gent in question is senior, he may well enjoy a good quality of life, since daily utilization i relatively high. Maybe he lives in base and picks up a lot of open time, when the kids are in school and the wife at work. You may wish to do things differently, but if he is happy, then who are you to judge?

Bottom line, can you have a high quality of life flying FAA max or not? Real simple yes or no? My contension is, if you are flying 90 hours a month, month after month, year after year, you are not spending quality time at home, do you disagree? Please no sermons about G4/G5 pilots with pagers, I get my schedule months in advance.

"Or how stock options are added compensation (maybe for the first 200 or so pilots but not for anyone hired in the last year."

Again, your crystal ball is better than mine. At present, you are correct, who knows in the future. Now, I would not describe as compensation, although it is part of the package, just like the AA issued options.

AA has NEVER issued stock options as part of compensation. Show me where they are written into the contract? Oh yeah, it's that research thing again, try it sometime. AA issued stock options in exchange for the last 23% paycut, NEVER as a form of contract negotiated compensation.
My point is two fold:. If you are planning on using any form of airline stock options for your retirement you need a big time history lesson. Or am I wrong? Secondly NEVER take stock options instead of cash up front. Or am I wrong? No crystal balls required.

"Then their are the guys who told me I was "flaming" and "incorrect" when I brought up the fact of the canceled flights and not reporting a profit this quarter."

The cancelled flights are interesting, but I seem unable to find more info, than what you posted. Certainly the company has not put out the info and they probably would, since it would affect those pilots. Maybe they did it on the sly, but that is normally not how the company works.

As for posting a loss this quarter, that has been widely reported, with jetfuel at $110 barrel, I would imagine only SWA pulls of a profit. The gent in questions must not be following the news, WS or company info. That makes him ignorant, just shrug your shoulders and let it go.

Real simple, with fuel at current prices Jetblue would be wise to cut money losing flights. No harm, no foul, everyone else is doing it and its smart to do it. Just don't call me a basher for bringing it up. It's common sence, the funny thing is when I provide direct quotes from the WSJ all I get is kool aid BS. You say let it go, yet I have not seen a single poster on any thread bring it up. Sorry if the FACTS hurt.

"Maybe you feel these things don't need correcting, this is where we apparently differ. Would it have been eaiser for you if I said it was all me"?

I do not see, what you can gain from doing so. Are you hoping, that those that upset you, wake up one morning and realize you were right and that jetblue is a horrible employer, are you hoping they will turn to you and ask for your advice?

I could care less if they ever wake up. Jetblue is not a horrible employer, I never said they were. There are no original thoughts in this business, someone else has already tried it and those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back