Jetblue Seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SpeedBird said:
I guess B6 pilots aren't the only ones who thin-skinned around here ;)

Ouch, I come home from a long Geneva flight (that ain't Geneva, NY) and get zinged for trying to defend myself.

Maybe I should have let it go but my wife just handed me the little man ( three months today), the TV remote(go White Sox)and a beer. I thought I would catch up and instead I got zinged, your right I should have quit while I was ahead or behind depending upon your opinion.

Well I thought it resembled his point of view.
He thinks he knows me so well but readings his meuse's, he knows little if any about me. Everyone's a critic I guess.

SoCentralRain said:
G4G5,

You didn't answer my question. Here it is again:

Why do you care in the world what happens at JetBlue in regards to union representation, supposedly mysteriously-cancelled flights, losses for the quarter, tall, tasty glasses of blue juice or payrates there? Why? You're not an airline pilot any longer. You're not in the airline industry. You don't live this life any more.

Real simple, first off their are no "mysteriously-cancelled flights" The Wall Street Journal does not print stories about "mysteriously-cancelled flights". I quoted the exact date and article, let's see your mysterious proof?

Secondly, you don't know who my tie or ties to Jetblue are and further more who my ties to this industry are. Lets leave it as I still have college buddies at JetBlue and relatives at legacy carriers.

It must be personal. JetBlue must have bogarted your stash or cut in front of you on the way to work.

Do you think you're "fighting the good fight" by dragging a glaring spotlight upon individual opinions that might be just that?

It's not personal. I state only facts and offerer references to support them. Why is that so hard to believe?When I bring up pay rates, 3Q quarterly loses and canceled flights, it's not based on opinion.

I counted at least 6 misspellings or examples of incorrect word usage in your posts this morning. You must be pretty riled up about this because you usually do a cogent job of composition, including spelling. Got you fired up, we must have. It shows.

Have you ever made a post using a keyboard in Asia? India? The Middle East or Russia? Keyboards all over the globe are not created equal. Just try getting your email in Mauritius when their is no @ symbol on the keyboard or spell checking in Bangalore but I am sure that you know this already.
If I have made 6 errors as you suggest, please feel free to bring them up. I will gladly correct them and in the process, thank you for pointing them out

Yes, you are an equal opportunity poster. We all are. But perhaps pushing away from the keyboard might be useful for a while. It's a beautiful day. Go see.

I never waste a beautiful day or a minute with my family for this. All of my posts are either in a Marriott on a layover when I can't fall a sleep or in the middle of the night feeding one of my children (which may also explain the spelling error). All I can say is this beats infomercials at home or MTV in India. Thanks Mark, RIP.

Last edited:
"Real simple, because the individual was wrong and he/she needed to be corrected."

Well, good, you corrected him, feel better now?

"Mine is not based on a crystal ball. Maybe you can show us where Neeleman has said the 190 rates up negotiable? My numbers are based upon the contract, not opinion."

Your opinion of events that has yet to unfold, is the payscale published? Yes! Was the payscale on the Airbus published and then changed, yes. Has the issue of 190 pay been broached by the pilot group and management, yes!

"It's real simpe to find out what an AA captain makes, that's the problem you are to LAZY to do the research."

Not lazy, I just don't care, just like I do not care what you make.

"Bottom line can you have a high quality of life flying FAA max or not? Real simple yes or no? My contension is if you are flying 90 hours a month, month after month, year after year, you are not spending quality time at home, do you disagree? Please no sermons about G4/G5 pilots with pagers, I get my schedule months in advance."

It depends on what your expectation are. I can get 90 hrs of credit working 13-14 days a month, so I think I get plenty of quality time away from work, of course I a sure you get more and you should be happy about that. The point still being, that what you desire and what other people desire may differ.

As for you and your schedule, good for you, but again, I don't really care. I don't fly a G4 and strange as it may seem to you, have no desire to, scheduled or not.

"AA has NEVER issued stock options as part of compensation. Show me where they are written into the contract? Oh yeah, it's that research thing, try it sometime. AA issued stock options in exchange for the last 23% paycut Never as a form of contract negotiated compensation.
My point is two fold:. If you are planning on using any form of airline stock options for your retirement you need a big time history lesson. Or a wrong? Secondly NEVER take stock options instead of cash up front. Or am I wrong? No crystal balls required.

So, the employees at AA gave the company 23%and the company gave them options, just because the company was nice or was that part of the negotiations? I think some of the LUV pilot might not agree with your assertion, that options are bad. Of course, as we have seen lately, DBP are so much more secure, right?

Real simple, with fuel at current prices Jetblue would be wise to cut money losing flights. No harm, no foul, everyone else is doing it and smart to do it. Just don't call me a basher for bringing it up. It's common sence, the funny thing is when I provide direct quotes from the WSJ al I get is kool aid BS. You say let it go, yet I have not seen a single poster on any thread bring it up. Sorry if the FACTS hurt.

So far, the only evidence shown, is what you posted. I seem unable to find any other source to verify it, so I doubt jetblue has cancelled a slew of flights as you alluded to, but we do know they cancelled one. So, since it appears to be a rather limited event, why do you find it odd, that it has not been brought up by other posters? The AA reductions in flights are a similarly non event, the DAL had a bit more meat to it, because of how it was done, but they have now ceased that practice.

I fail to se, where I called you basher?

I could care less if they ever wake up. Jetblue is not a horrible employer, I never said they were. There are no original thoughts in this business, someone else has already tried it and those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it.

But you feel so strongly about pointing out the errors of jetblue, seem to be unable to find any post where you say good things about the company, in one post you called it a sweatshop!

So, since we are talking so factually, how about you come clean wrt. what transpired between you and jetblue, just the facts please?

Oh, I almost forgot: Welcome home:)

Last edited:
B6Driver said:
Well I thought it resembled his point of view.
He thinks he knows me so well but readings his meuse's, he knows little if any about me. Everyone's a critic I guess.

You attack me directly with this:
"G4G5,
I know you as a basher of JB and old TWA from yahoo MB' s for quite some time. You are what you are.........an angry little man. Time to fact the facts."

It's time for you to face the facts.

Look Dizel8,

Maybe you can get 90 hours by working 13-14 days, that's great. I love to see it. All I am doing is asking the simple question, can everyone at Jetblue do the samething? Or are you able to do so because you are senior? Being able to do 90 hours month after month, year after year, at age 35-40 is alot different then having to do it at 55-60. Ask an old fart sometime.

You mention the A320 pay raise, Let me ask you this, what was the price of jet fuel in 2001? Had Jetblue reported a loss yet? What about competition? Where their ASM's and CSMs the same as they are today? Things are quite different then they were back then.

Sure the first batch of SWA pilots did well with their options, just like the first group of Jetblue pilots will do well with thiers. I am glad to see it. Unfortunatly, that is the minority not the majority. All you need to do is ask, the PAn Am, Easter, TWA, United, Delta, American or any Jetblue pilot hired with in the past 12 months how well they did with their options.

I am glad you are doing well and I hope you keep doing well but to ignore these things is being naive in my opinion.

Glad to be home....

Last edited:
Look Dizel8,

"Maybe you can get 90 hours by working 13-14 days, that's great. I love to see it. All I am doing is asking the simple question, can everyone at Jetblue do the samething? Or are you able to do so because you are senior? Being able to do 90 hours month after month, year after year, at age 35-40 is alot different then having to do it at 55-60. Ask an old fart sometime."

I can but most of the time I bid min. sched, prefer time off. Again, that is just what I prefer, others may want differently.

As for how hard it is on an "old timer", well then they should not fly widebodies or G4s to Asia or Europe at night, I certainly think 8hrs day is much easier than 8 at night, but they do and here we are:)

"You mention the A320 pay raise, Let me ask you this, what was the price of jet fuel in 2001? Had Jetblue reported a loss yet? What about competition? Where their ASM's and CSMs the same as they are today? Things are quite different then they were back then."

9/11 has just happened and jetblue management still gave us the raise. Yes, things have changed, however, neither you nor I can know untill it happens (or doesn't)

"Sure the first batch of SWA pilots did well with teir options, just like the first group of Jetblue pilots will do well with tiers. I am glad to see it. Unfortunatly, that is the minority not the majority. All you need to do is ask, the PAn Am, Easter, TWA, United, Delta, American or any Jetblue pilot hired with in the past 12 months how well they did with their options."

PAA, TWA and Eastern are gone, so needless to say, their options, if they had them, are to. DAL does not issue them AFAIK, you say AA did not, as for UAL, they have yet to see stock reissued, but of course, the old stock is dead. jetBlue stock, well, yes, it could be alot better and someone hired within the last 12 months are actually better off, than those who got it at 70+ a share. Why did they issue options, was it because the wanted the employees to be part owners or was it to pay less wages. I think it was the former and I sincerely doubt, they belived, based on say SWA, that Wall Street would have such a severe run at the stock, driving it to 70+ a share. Well, the street "won" and hurt the employees. Will the stock ever reach its lofty heights, I do not know, but I doubt it. Will there perhaps be changes to the ISO, I think so, will it be better, I do not know.

"I am glad you are doing well and I hope you keep doing well but ignore these things is being naive in my opinion."

Sonny:) (a bit of jest there) please, I hear what you are saying, but despite what you may believe, most of us were not born yesterday!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back