• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Question. QOL A320 vs E190

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any current idea on how long for a new hire to get based out of lgb???

Any idea if the company is going to give some of the LGB or BUR slots to the 190 in the future?

Any idea if the company is going to give some of the LGB or BUR slots to the 190 in the future?

At the recent pocket session in JFK Dave and the rest all repeatedly said that the 190 would be expanding out west in the near future. What, when and where is anybody's guess.

Thanks for the info! I guess I'll keep waiting patiently and hope for the best....

If I had to guess I'd say very few if any 190 flights into LGB. Why waste a slot on a 100 seat A/C when we can fill up a 150 seater? The 190 out west talk I'd venture to guess will be bay area and/or Pac NW focused. I could see one or 2 flights a day into LGB if yields were awesome, but I'd expect BUR or ONT or even SNA before a sizeable LGB 190 build up. If a 190 LGB base was where you were driving with that question, I'd put the odds of that happening in the 1 or 2% range. JMHO though.

With the lastest routes we've announced, it looks like the 190 will be doing some more interesting flying than merely in and out of JFK and BOS.

Once the 190 moves out west, it might gives an idea of what a west coast 190 operation will look like.

I'm curious as to what the company is telling new hires about upgrade. I can tell you it will be a lot more than 3 years. My best guess for a new hire today would be 5+ years to 190 Captain.

As far as the planes, it's no contest. Pay, comfort, schedule, overnights, even hotels...it's the Bus, hands down. That's not even getting into the average life of a 190 FO...multiple legs, super-quick turn times, no food or rest during the day (unless you get "lucky" and score a 2 hour airport appreciation in your schedule), apologizing every leg for something or other, then you get to your layover and fight to get to an extremely remote hotel with (again) no food available. My advice: run screaming from any attempt to to put you in the 190.

Sorry to be so negative, but you should have the real story before you show up. It's a great airline if you get the 320...I sure wish I had picked the 320, and I'd hate to see anyone make the same mistake I did.

Curious, I know the October upgrades are in the 900 seniority, just over 3 years. When will that change to 5 or 8 or 15 years like everyone is guessing or is everyone talking out of their you know what? Not trying to be optimistic, god forbid, just wondering since everyone is guessing using basic funny math?

What is FLL like compared to JFK- specifically as an FO
Just weighing the pros and cons of life out of FLL. I have friends that say you will have terrible QOL and not make anything above guarantee, anyone in the know have any comments?
Advice greatly appreciated!!

Well this month Ive flown 29hrs in FLL. Its great QOL if you dont want to fly and stay at home.

Latest resources

Back