• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Question. QOL A320 vs E190

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The co is openly saying we will fly it out there "soon" in crew room meetings. That prob means some sort of announcement within the next couple months with service to start around the holidays. Just a guess though. Some two-stops through TX to CA when it happens is a likely senario Ive heard thrown around.

cool, thanks for the info zkmayo. So if they fly the 190 out to the westside is there going to be a base for it out here???

Dont hold your breath on that one...OAK has been tossed around for a while, and given time, has a legitimate chance of one day becoming a base; it might be some sort of deal where the pilots based there might have to cover OAK/SFO/SJC kind of like we handle FLL/PBI. LGB cant grow bc of slot restrictions. Ive heard alot about a base in the Midwest for the 190. Who knows.

Either way, its still a ways off. MCO will most likely be the next base sometime next year, most would bet.

Watch the 190 and 320 Grow out of Orlando.. JB has their eye on caaribean and possibly S american expansion and the market is a little flooded in mia/fll by American and now spirit adding a bunch of flights.

MCO however is not and our flights from mco to Puerto Rico are loaded all the time. I would not be surprised to see more flights added to San Juan with expansion from there or direct flights from MCO.

There will also be some north south California added..

My best advice for anyone coming on board is to make a decision based on todays route structure.

I have a bunch of jet pic so for me the bus was a better choice as I knew the upgrade is longer but going into year 3 pay my quality of life and trip productivity is much better than a 190 captain.

I am holding 190 captain currently but would be on reserve. As an FO on the bus i have nearly all commutable trips and a credit average of about 85-90 hrs and 18 days off for the last 3-4 months.

Louie,

Stage length on the 190's will get longer. They did not want to get too far away from JFK until the reliability stats came up on the 190. I think trip pairings will improve with the average stage lengths getting longer. At least this is what the DO has been saying.

Good luck!

While I agree with elag that stage lengths will get longer, I've always disagreed with our stratedgy of keeping it "close to JFK." If you're not at a mx base, it doesn't matter how far away you are, you're still stuck. The more short flights you do, the more cycles you do per day and that's where most of the problems with the plane are: powering it up and down, engine starts, etc and not in stable cruise flight. They never asked me, although I'm always willing to help out, for a hefty consulting fee that is! :laugh:

In any case I know someone who got hired after we started assigning classes. He was offered a bus class but he wanted the 190 but only if he could have the same class date. Since most who are given the choice chose the bus, they let him exercise his seniority so to speak and gave him the 190. It never hurts to ask.

In any case, good luck to you. This place isn't perfect by ANY means, but overall its a good place to be and I'm more confident in our future than I've been in years. Welcome aboard.

I'm curious as to what the company is telling new hires about upgrade. I can tell you it will be a lot more than 3 years. My best guess for a new hire today would be 5+ years to 190 Captain.

As far as the planes, it's no contest. Pay, comfort, schedule, overnights, even hotels...it's the Bus, hands down. That's not even getting into the average life of a 190 FO...multiple legs, super-quick turn times, no food or rest during the day (unless you get "lucky" and score a 2 hour airport appreciation in your schedule), apologizing every leg for something or other, then you get to your layover and fight to get to an extremely remote hotel with (again) no food available. My advice: run screaming from any attempt to to put you in the 190.

Sorry to be so negative, but you should have the real story before you show up. It's a great airline if you get the 320...I sure wish I had picked the 320, and I'd hate to see anyone make the same mistake I did.

I guess it depends where you come from! I heard the 190 is not that bad ! It's a fun airplane to fly and it will be headed west soon!! Otherwise fly it for a couple of years and then go to the bus!!

What is FLL like as an FO on the 320?

What is FLL like compared to JFK- specifically as an FO
Just weighing the pros and cons of life out of FLL. I have friends that say you will have terrible QOL and not make anything above guarantee, anyone in the know have any comments?
Advice greatly appreciated!!

Is JFK the junior base?? How long would it take to get based out of FLL? Can you guys drop trips easily?

Latest resources

Back