• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Question. QOL A320 vs E190

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Curious, I know the October upgrades are in the 900 seniority, just over 3 years. When will that change to 5 or 8 or 15 years like everyone is guessing or is everyone talking out of their you know what? Not trying to be optimistic, god forbid, just wondering since everyone is guessing using basic funny math?

A just talked to someone who is upgrading on the 320 this fall at just over 2.5 yrs. He was very suprised he go the award so soon.

A just talked to someone who is upgrading on the 320 this fall at just over 2.5 yrs. He was very suprised he go the award so soon.

The days of 2-3 years to left seat of the Bus are long gone.

Why do you think all the attrition comes from 320 FO's? It's like 5-8 years for anyone hired now...maybe longer.

Last edited:

There is a reason why the 320 upgrades are moving further down the list. Sitting reserve at JB sucks, plain and simple. If you upgrade at the earliest opportunity you will be on reserve 3+ years. Guys senior to you are going to bid over once they can hold a line so you will be left rotting on reserve.

The junior 320 Capt who has a line next month is #614. It will likely be 10+ years for a new hire to hold a line as a 320 Capt. With the deferred deliveries of the 190 I agree with the earlier post of 5+ years for 190 Capt. Be sure you are very comfortable with the FO pay scales at JB because you will be on them for a long time.

Don't get me wrong, JB is a decent place to work but please go in with realistic expectations for upgrade.

There is a reason why the 320 upgrades are moving further down the list. Sitting reserve at JB sucks, plain and simple. If you upgrade at the earliest opportunity you will be on reserve 3+ years. Guys senior to you are going to bid over once they can hold a line so you will be left rotting on reserve.

The junior 320 Capt who has a line next month is #614. It will likely be 10+ years for a new hire to hold a line as a 320 Capt. With the deferred deliveries of the 190 I agree with the earlier post of 5+ years for 190 Capt. Be sure you are very comfortable with the FO pay scales at JB because you will be on them for a long time.

Don't get me wrong, JB is a decent place to work but please go in with realistic expectations for upgrade.

The point is that you are speculating, based on current information which is still wrong since upgrades are in the 900's, 3 year FO. Now assuming everything stays stale than maybe your assumption is correct, but you are not taking into account the probable growth and possible expansion in 2008 and 2009. You speculate negatively, I speculate positively. To each their own.

The point is that you are speculating, based on current information which is still wrong since upgrades are in the 900's, 3 year FO. Now assuming everything stays stale than maybe your assumption is correct, but you are not taking into account the probable growth and possible expansion in 2008 and 2009. You speculate negatively, I speculate positively. To each their own.

Keep in mind, my numbers were to hold a line (i.e. not reserve). Yes Captain upgrades are in the 900s but those folks are going to be on reserve forever. The bottom 320 Capt to hold a LINE is #614.

Last edited:
Ya, You guys should start to make money as fortune tellers! At the end you never know! Did anyone ever think you could upgrade at Continental after 2.5 years!

Latest resources

Back