• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Question. QOL A320 vs E190

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am not sure on that, I commute to JFK from BOS. I can hold BOS no problem, but I bid to JFK for a better schedule...going back to bos after the end of the year. no more commute!

Are they still letting people choose their fleet?

If they are take the 320 if you want to make money.

Take the 190 if you want to sit on your heinie a LOT on reserve.

I've heard of guys spending 18-20 days at home commuting on reserve since the new long call system went up.

FWIW

No, I don't think you can choose your fleet. It gets "bid on" so-to-speak by age order when classes are given out.

This is a departure from the old system where you could sit and wait for a class in the a/c you wanted.

I'm actually glad to hear that....they're doing it the way it should be done now.

When I went through it was a secret handshake sort of deal as to who got what.

I went through about 4 months ago. When the call came, you were given a class date for a specific aircraft. It is my understanding that you no longer could choose which aircraft, nor could you wait for another class for a desired aircraft type.

Welcome to B6.

Well, it looks like I will be on the 190 if they go by age! What are the chances on holding a line faster on the 190? I will be commuting out of ORD! I wonder how this will be? Any good things about the 190?

Louie,

Stage length on the 190's will get longer. They did not want to get too far away from JFK until the reliability stats came up on the 190. I think trip pairings will improve with the average stage lengths getting longer. At least this is what the DO has been saying.

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back