Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue PVC has voted to give away flying!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't care if it's a C-150... It should be a JB pilot if it has a JB tail... end story.

I agree... However, I don't like the speculation as to what the documents will say. In other words, the hype on this board and others, if proven incorrect, does more harm than good. Let's just wait and see what they say. Instead of guessing and reacting to rumors and spreading all the hype on these boards. I'll be the first to tell anyone on the ELT that they ruined a lot of good will if they try or suggest outsourcing.

Many of us have spoken directly to the people who voted for and against these documents. These documents are not in our best interest. They are in the best interest of Jetblue. They do allow Jetblue to separate operations. They do essentially set up Jetblue as a holding company. They do allow outsourcing. They were signed by four pilots out of seven. These are indisputable facts.

Jetblue is a company who is looking out for itself and not its employees. Again, these are facts.

Many of us have spoken directly to the people who voted for and against these documents. These documents are not in our best interest. They are in the best interest of Jetblue. They do allow Jetblue to separate operations. They do essentially set up Jetblue as a holding company. They do allow outsourcing. They were signed by four pilots out of seven. These are indisputable facts.

Jetblue is a company who is looking out for itself and not its employees. Again, these are facts.

Well, let's take a look and vote against them and get on with the ALPA drive. I'm just saying let's deal with facts once they are exposed and move on logically. I think that approach, is the one that makes sense and will help people make a good decision based on fact and not rumor. Right now there is no official document for us to look at.

Here is a crazy idea DV...call one of the PVC members and ask them directly. I talked to 3 of them independently and outside of their difference of opinion (how they voted), the facts were the facts. They all admitted to 10% asm's and 78 seat limitations being put in place via the documents. Now, will it be approved by us, the pilot group....NO but its still in one of the 5 documents (section 15 document). If you dont belive us, just call one of them, any of them and ask. They can and will talk about it with you.

Last edited:
Hopefully after the documents are made public we can get on with the ALPA Drive.

Or even better...lets get on with it now.

Please....

Here is a crazy idea DV...call one of the PVC members and ask them directly. I talked to 3 of them independently and outside of their difference of opinion (how they voted), the facts were the facts. They all admitted to 10% asm's and 78 seat limitations being put in place via the documents. Now, will it be approved by us, the pilot group....NO but its still in one of the 5 documents (section 15 document). If you dont belive us, just call one of them, any of them and ask. They can and will talk about it with you.

Here is a crazy idea? This is the type of crap I'm talking about. Screw you, and the horse you rode in on. I'll call them if I had their number but I don't. Just like I don't think you have thier number. You can say it as fact, but until we all see the documents I'm not going to speculate as to what they say. You may be right, but they haven't been published yet and until they are, you are just speculating. Take your inside info. and use it how you like, but I will react when they are published as what is officially proposed.

Go to the pvc web site... they are all there if you would like to make a phone call. Or, if you don't wanna call, send an email, you know their names right?

go to the company web: pilots===> values committee===> contacts
drop em a line.

if your not a jb pilot don't bother clicking it's pw protected site.

By the way, I'm with you on all the speculation.

this one is gonna be a bombshell and we (the pilots) are gonna take the hit. This "different" airline is setting up to be just like every one else. I truly hope we're wrong.

Last edited:
Hypothetically, if this is true and if the pilots vote "No" on it, will the Company honor the vote?

Has Management done or not done something based on a vote of the pilots in the past?

If the vote is a resounding "No" (or even if it's a close "No") and they proceed anyway, do you have any recourse?

Prior to getting the Bus here at F9, Flt Ops Management polled the pilots on whether we wanted "cross hair" or "v-bar" flight directors. We responded 80% in favor of the V-bars, then got a memo that the Company was going with cross hair F/D's because they were cheaper. It would have been better to have never asked in the first place....

Not that it was an issue as important as this.

Latest resources

Back