Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue PVC has voted to give away flying!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Childish BS? Hardly some of these clowns would give away their blue world with a ice cream coupon from mcdonalds.

Anybody that votes to give away JB flying ESPECIALLY a blue juicer is braindead.

If this happens it just proves that the culture that the jb mgmt touts is a pure lie

I agree....you have to read the docs before you can make an intelligent comment on them.

I am no supporter of ALPA. But I will not vote to allow the outsourcing of any flying here. Been down that road before.

A350

Childish BS? Hardly some of these clowns would give away their blue world with a ice cream coupon from mcdonalds.

Anybody that votes to give away JB flying ESPECIALLY a blue juicer is braindead.

If this happens it just proves that the culture that the jb mgmt touts is a pure lie

Have you read them? If you did, I would bet you're on the PVC. Otherwise you're pissing in a stiff wind and you're full of $hit. I'm for ALPA but I'm tired of the crap people post making the pro ALPA folks look foolish.

Well, we will all see the documents soon, then you can judge for yourself DV.

The scuttlebutt I have heard, is that it isn't pretty!

Do the pilots absolutely get to vote on something like this? Any possibility of the committee agreeing and not allowing the jb pilots to vote?

Let me ask a few questions as a Newbie.

What Scope protection do we have right now? The way I understand it is we have none.

If ALPA is voted in is it true that all pay, benefits, etc freeze right where they are until a CBA is signed?

In the current environment I think 2-3 years to get a CBA isn't out of the question, so if I'm correct about pay and benefits everything is frozen for that time frame.

Now, back to scope if ALPA is voted in and everything is frozen the way I understand it we would have NO scope protection until a CBA is reached. So hypothetically the company could outsource as much flying as they want. But, if the new scope agreement is passed then 90% of our flying is protected and that number is frozen during CBA negotiations barring the company from giving flying away as a negotiation ploy. This is exactly what happened at Mesa airlines with Freedom. Alpa had no scope and while they were in negotiations management just started shifting flying to freedom so they could gain more negotiating capital.

Again just trying to get a grasp on the situation, perhaps some of my assumptions are wrong or I've gotten some bad info.

thanks

There is logic to your argument but part of the issue is these documents were not seen by 3 of the committee members. The 4 pro-company PVC members are voting in favor of documents which benefit Jetblue ONLY. Also, the M&A language which these 4 voted in favor of wasn't even completed yet!
Scope is an extremely important contractual item. Voting on something just to get it in place means accepting a document now that can punish you for years. For example, these 4 voted in favor of a document that gives Jetblue relief for 2 full years before anything can be argued. Do you know how much damage Jetblue has done to our contract in the previous 5 years that weren't scope related?

Once the camels nose gets under the tent, it's over.

The company, from what I can gather, already have a specific plan and are gearing the language to accommodate said plan.

Should potential E-170's be flown by bluepilots, how about international flights, etc.etc?

I see the merit in your argument, however, if we approve these things, I would argue, that we have to dig out of said hole. Better yet, if these rumors are true, then we need to turn these documents down. Blue can do what it wants, but all will then see the scam they are trying to sell.

Last edited:
Do you know how much damage Jetblue has done to our contract in the previous 5 years that weren't scope related?

I don't like I said I'm a newbie just trying to get a picture of the situation. I would just hate to be 4 years down the road No CBA in sight and all the 190 flying has gone to Republic, when it could have been capped at 10% before ALPA was ever on the property. Like I said just trying to gain some perspective so I can make an informed decision.

thanks

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back