• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue PVC/ Atkins and Co. Compensation video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASA you have a lot to learn and a lot of maturity to obtain.. It's not an insult just the truth..

I was in your shoes totally anti union and shared many of your same views. Then i sat back for almost a decade and closely watched the transformation here at jb and it is more than an eye opener

ASA was not here when PCRB2 was completely ignored. He was not here when that scumbag Chew and Barger himself said, " We hear you, give us a chance." Since then productivity plummets, benefits worsen, work rules change for the worst and shoved down our throat and kiss asses like ASA and their ignorance keep us from having a seat at he table and some leverage to stop this from happening.

I think she is correct that the DR gives the company more flexibility and is a competitive edge. Last time I checked, that's a good thing for the company, and everyone who gets a paycheck from that company.

Have you seen the PVC presentation on pay? You're working at a significant discount and it doesn't even include what you lose by not having a CBA. You will soon be at the bottom of major airline pilots, even below Spirit no less. Meanwhile, your ELT has no counterweight to prevent it from further flattening out your career. If you are young, you have the most to lose. Wake up, or suffer financially the rest of your life. This is your reality, and there is no sugar plum fairy to save you.

ASA you have a lot to learn and a lot of maturity to obtain.. It's not an insult just the truth..

I was in your shoes totally anti union and shared many of your same views. Then i sat back for almost a decade and closely watched the transformation here at jb and it is more than an eye opener

Same here. I was very anti-union when I came here but the company has done a great job convincing me that we need a CBA.

Thanks. I know I'm new, and I'm not trying to piss anyone off. My tune may change in a year or two.

I'm very interested to see how the company deals with the dissatisfaction with healthcare in particular. If they are serious about keeping the DR, then they had better be proactive. If I get converted to a "yes" vote, that's a serious failure of the mgmt team.

Take an hour or two and drive down False Promise Lane and take a left at False Hope Street and then another left at Give Us One More Change Circle and you will end up in 2013 as if it was still 2009.

Go to hellojetblue and then the pilot page and add JBPA to the end of the URL.
For instance,
www.........com/pilots/jbpa/

Also listen to the COO Conference call from this past month. The COO said that health care was not a take back because health care is not in your contract.

How is that for logic? Jetblue can take anything away and say it is not a take back because it was not in your contract.

BTW ASA_whatever, employer contributions to your retirement are NOT contractually guaranteed in your your PEA. That means they can take them away and it would not be a take back, nice huh?

Last edited:
What is the most comical is that asa is the poster child of the latest " hire the younger low experience regional fo's and get a guaranteed no vote "

To stupid to know the facts, to dumb to care, to inmature to realize it.. hey look omg its the newest e190 smells so good mmmm new jet smell, holy crap free pizza over there..

A month or so ago this child aviator was tripping over himself to brag about his $9000 gross pay month. It was like watching a bad infomercial

ya we get it you worked for $18 an hour at your last job.. this isnt your last job

Thanks. I know I'm new, and I'm not trying to piss anyone off. My tune may change in a year or two.

I'm very interested to see how the company deals with the dissatisfaction with healthcare in particular. If they are serious about keeping the DR, then they had better be proactive. If I get converted to a "yes" vote, that's a serious failure of the mgmt team.

Here's one way to look at it. Management's job is to always try and earn more money and cut costs. No problem with that, that's their job and we all want our companies to be profitable. The problem is, management always goes after the low hanging fruit to save money. The easier it is to cut an expense, the quicker they will capitalize on it. Which isn't always wrong, but.....with no CBA, pilot compensation is a major "low hanging fruit" it's very easy to take advantage of pilots.

.....with no CBA, pilot compensation is a major "low hanging fruit" it's very easy to take advantage of pilots.

Wow...what a sublime, parsimonious, and factual assessment of the current situation JetBlue pilots face everyday. Brilliant.

Can any of our 1193 No voters honestly debate this point? Or did ALPA get sand in your crotch?

Collective bargaining, warts and all, is our ONLY leverage against market forces which by design are to our detriment as laborers.

Because of our seniority system, Pilots don't have the career flexible mobility other professionals do, which is HUGELY advantageous to our employers.

Things are good now, but they could be better, and the are almost certainly going to be worse for an un-leveraged pilot group. Jetblue management knows the applications will come in at a rate that will exceed attrition, and training costs are lower than compensating at or above industry average. It's simple math and it's just business.

Hate ALPA, I can't blame you for that, but It doesn't take a genius to see your hatred is hurting yourself worse than if you'd accept the ugly reality of the business we work in.

Oh, and I better not ever see you at a KCM entry point! ;)

TOO stupid, TOO dumb, TOO immature.

but you are pretty smart

Well a verb in the infinitive would warrant a TO in front of it. to sleep, to hold, etc

TOO is used for emphasis but really means also, besides, excessively,extra, or very

Also used when describing an increase TOO difficult, TOO Challenging, etc.

The post was never meant to be a perfect grammatical litany but please explain yourself?

Latest resources

Back