• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue PVC/ Atkins and Co. Compensation video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have to disagree, it's all about priorities. First of all 3m would easily give you 120k a year without ever touching your principle plus your military retirement. I am 34 with over 200k in retirement personally and have only made 100k 1 year in the 16 years I have been earning a living in this profession. Start early pay off your debt and stay that way and its easy to do and save for a kids college. It has not been easy street either 3 furloughs, 2 flight departments shut down. Just avoid the divorce and we should be fine. Thank you Dave Ramsey... Again its all about priorities..

Chairman

I don't think you disagree. I think your right it's all about priorities. You can live on social welfare if it makes you happy. Its just a continum from pauper to Trump. Just pick the level that makes you happy.

Don't forget, if you have $3 million Obama and the Democrats want more than 40% of it to redistribute. If you've got $3 million, you are a rich 1%er. Neverind that you worked your a$$ of for 30+ years for it, they want it.

I don't think you disagree. I think your right it's all about priorities. You can live on social welfare if it makes you happy. Its just a continum from pauper to Trump. Just pick the level that makes you happy.

Agreed, you can be young without money but you can't be old without it......

Don't forget, if you have $3 million Obama and the Democrats want more than 40% of it to redistribute. If you've got $3 million, you are a rich 1%er. Neverind that you worked your a$$ of for 30+ years for it, they want it.

Simply not true or accurate at all.

I don't care for ALPA National, and the beauty of it all is that I don't have to justify myself to you or anyone else.

Behold....

The perfectly recruited JetBlue pilot-serf.

ALPA got sand in my crotch at my hellhole regional airline, so I'll forgo the benefits of a CBA to justify my emotional revulsion at their politics.

Well done recruitment...well done.

Behold....

The perfectly recruited JetBlue pilot-serf.

ALPA got sand in my crotch at my hellhole regional airline, so I'll forgo the benefits of a CBA to justify my emotional revulsion at their politics.

Well done recruitment...well done.

I'm not opposed to a CBA. And it isn't the local ALPA I have a problem with. Why can't we do another internal union run? I'm not alone in my distaste for ALPA.

I'm 55, I have way north of the 3miilion you quote and a mil retirement to boot and I can tell you it won't be enough. I'm not a big spender, don't have the CA house, one car, take a reasonably fun vacation once a year. Couple of kids. Live very middle class. The funds I have would not be attainable by any 30 year old saving money at JB. If all you want to do in retirement is live by the river and fish I guess it would be enough. But Uncle Sam is coming after the money. He will soon drive up inflation and tax to the point that brings me back to the middle and drives the poorer folks up to the middle. JB is not the place to come unless you want to retire in TENN and fish down at the river (no slam on anyone from the Volunteer state)

No doubt, it sounds like your tinfoil budget alone will eat up that 3 million in no time. Once your fabricate protection from the black helicopters you'll be broke.

Good luck.

I'm not opposed to a CBA. And it isn't the local ALPA I have a problem with. Why can't we do another internal union run? I'm not alone in my distaste for ALPA.

Couple reasons, first and foremost is seed money. There isn't any. Second who is willing to step up and run it? I've flown with several guys who ask for an internal SWAPA type union. When I ask if they can get it started they back off. At this point its really ALPA or nothing. I'm tired of being played by management and the fake "student council". I want professional negotiators dealing for me and my family and will be happy to pay my 2% dues or more to make it happen.

Alirght dude, I gotta be straight with ya. There is no other way to say this without being an a$$hole.

Your position is absolutely asinine.

I state this despite the fact that I completely agree with you. I f-cking HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE ALPA. I hate them all. I wish they would all die of syphalis and rot in hell forever. That being said, I am absolutely in favor of bringing them onto the property at Jetblue.

Why? Because I hate our dishonest managers more. The health insurance thing is what did it for me. If they were at least honest, and saying "look, our health costs are too high, we're reducing insurance benefits and shifting more of the costs onto you. it sucks, but it is what it is. Deal with it", I could at least respect them. But screwing us and then trying to feed us a bunch of happy PR company created BS about how it's good for us when everybody with half a damn brain knows that if you get sick, you're going to be out a lot more money really pi$$ed me off. They are saying 70% of the company will save money with these plans. You know what? They're probably not lying. Pilots tend to live in our own little bubbles and only look at ourselves. I am a highly educated professional with a degree and years of experience. I have a wife, a family, and a future to think about. I am like most pilots at Jetblue that are pi$$ed about it. But, we are maybe 15% of the total employee group there. The 70% that ARE going to save money on these piece of crap plans are the rampers, FA's and gate agents that are uneducated labor, who only incur medical bills when they buy morning after pills or are pi$$ing razor blades after screwing some drunken bar trash the night before.

Herein lies the problem: We are NOT a pilot group. We are simply 15 or so percent of the employees at Jetblue. We can't get a better health plan because if they offer it to us, they have to offer it to everyone.

WE NEED A DAMN UNION, AND WE NEED A DAMN CBA IF FOR NO OTHER REASON THAT THIS.

I'm not a f-cking ramper. You can't pull some ghetto trash in off the streets of New York and train them to do my job in 2 weeks. I am an educated professional, and so are you. You DO NOT need to be viewed on the same level as a ramper.....PERIOD. As long as you vote no to ALPA, you are doing this to yourself, despite your mighty principles. Prinicples won't pay your bills and fund your retirement. Principles won't take care of your family if your wife gets cancer, or gets in a car wreck, or whatever other God-awful scenario happens. If you can continue to feel good about yourself while going bankrupt because of a medical emergency, be my guest. I won't do that to my family. I actually CARE about them.

You want to know why we don't fund an in-house union? The answer is a VERY simple one word: RESOURCES. If we do that, we're going to have to spend MILLIONS to get it started. Do we have that? Nope. And the sad thing is, we're going to end up using ALPA's lawyers and resources anyway.

I get that you hate ALPA and you think they screwed you. To not vote in ALPA because of that and 'principles' is dumber than a f-cking soup sandwich. You have to understand something: if you got screwed, it wasn't ALPA. It was the jackasses you voted into your MEC and leadership. How many meetings did you attend? How many times did you volunteer to serve on the union? Hell, how many times did you actually VOTE at a meeting? ALPA national DOES NOT RUN YOUR LOCAL MEC. They have ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, NEGATORY power when it comes to what happens at your local airline. They can advise, they can provide resources, they can provide council, but they CANNOT MAKE YOUR MEC DO ANYTHING. PERIOD. If you got screwed, you got screwed by the morons running your union, and it is nobody's fault but YOURS AND YOUR LAZY, APATHETIC PILOT GROUP'S because you LET IT HAPPEN.

If you don't like what is going on, you have to GET INVOLVED. It's like not voting and then bitching about the government.

By voting no to ALPA, you are ONLY screwing yourself. You are costing yourself money, retirement, insurance, and you are HURTING your family because you are bitter about something that happened in the past. I don't know about you, but I stopped doing that in about 5th grade. I am an adult now, and I have people that I love that I have to take care of. If that means I have to swallow the bitter pill that is ALPA, then what the hell, I'll chase it with some Everclear if it makes it go down easier. But I'm damn sure going to swallow the thing.

You should think about doing the same. You are hurting NOBODY but yourself and the people that you love. And the ELT is laughing at you all the way to the bank.

Sleep on it.

$$$for nothin I hate to make it seem like i am singling you out as i did on the other thread but welcome aboard while you are here i invite you gather the facts find out the truths and be informed. This is not your regional job

facts dont lie and we are behind our peers in nearly every category and getting worse. Our management team loves to reinvent the wheel . It started with peerset average and a three year process where the process they created was not followed. Then along came contrarian.. Every time our elt opened their pie holes " contrarian this and that spewed out" Then along came " holistic aproach " the final rendition was the change from peerset average to peerset competitive. The legal interpretation 101 meaning of this is that " peerset average" is easily defined while " peerset competitive " is not what does it mean? Is 10% less competitive? 20%? Is the guy that comes in third place " competitive? Thats a management dream and doesnt make them look like fools when they cant meet their own obligations which has become the norm around here.

Another is Net Promoter Score every captain has a NPS here but it is unknown to them until they go to captain charm school. What defines it? How do you increase it? How do you see it? What about a captain that is on reserve and gets all the crap trips? Or redeyes? naturally his nps is going to be lower than the day island turn captain. The bottom line is that the pressure is on you to make sure your score is high but you receive no benefit becuase it is an executive compensation bonus plan. If the score meets a certain figure they all take a $1,000,000 bonus. You the captain? Nothing

A few years back they missed it miserably but voted to pay themselves anyways. CEO executive pay? increased by 77% over 2 years

Workrules and rigs? They are FAR based and suck

PTO accrual? Nearly 100% behind out peers as our vacations comes out of the pto bank

Insurance? worst in the industry

If you are injured cobra after 6 months and dumped after 18.. you will go bankrupt

the candy coating shell looks great on the outside but its what on the inside that counts and the fact is that jb has some real issues

also i am sure all the young guys never even give a thought to what could happen in the future because life is perfect but the reality is that what you have today or what you are earning today or how you feel today is not a guarantee that things will only get better for you either personally, professionally, or financially. Life happens things change families divorces and deaths happen. The best you life may ever be might be what it is today. Then again it may be better or worse.

Bottom line is that our retirment is inadequate given the high likelihood that you could become injured or suffer a medical issue that renders your high cost atp worthless.

Latest resources

Back