• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue PVC/ Atkins and Co. Compensation video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
$$$for nothin I hate to make it seem like i am singling you out as i did on the other thread but welcome aboard while you are here i invite you gather the facts find out the truths and be informed. This is not your regional job

facts dont lie and we are behind our peers in nearly every category and getting worse. Our management team loves to reinvent the wheel . It started with peerset average and a three year process where the process they created was not followed. Then along came contrarian.. Every time our elt opened their pie holes " contrarian this and that spewed out" Then along came " holistic aproach " the final rendition was the change from peerset average to peerset competitive. The legal interpretation 101 meaning of this is that " peerset average" is easily defined while " peerset competitive " is not what does it mean? Is 10% less competitive? 20%? Is the guy that comes in third place " competitive? Thats a management dream and doesnt make them look like fools when they cant meet their own obligations which has become the norm around here.

Another is Net Promoter Score every captain has a NPS here but it is unknown to them until they go to captain charm school. What defines it? How do you increase it? How do you see it? What about a captain that is on reserve and gets all the crap trips? Or redeyes? naturally his nps is going to be lower than the day island turn captain. The bottom line is that the pressure is on you to make sure your score is high but you receive no benefit becuase it is an executive compensation bonus plan. If the score meets a certain figure they all take a $1,000,000 bonus. You the captain? Nothing

A few years back they missed it miserably but voted to pay themselves anyways. CEO executive pay? increased by 77% over 2 years

Workrules and rigs? They are FAR based and suck

PTO accrual? Nearly 100% behind out peers as our vacations comes out of the pto bank [edit: Compared to Alaska and SWA we have less that 1/4 the vacation periods available. Doesn't matter if you have PTO. Take a look at the FSM and compare the two paragraph on Vacation to the pages in Alaska CBA and SWAPA's]
Insurance? worst in the industry

If you are injured cobra after 6 months and dumped after 18.. you will go bankrupt

the candy coating shell looks great on the outside but its what on the inside that counts and the fact is that jb has some real issues

also i am sure all the young guys never even give a thought to what could happen in the future because life is perfect but the reality is that what you have today or what you are earning today or how you feel today is not a guarantee that things will only get better for you either personally, professionally, or financially. Life happens things change families divorces and deaths happen. The best you life may ever be might be what it is today. Then again it may be better or worse.

Bottom line is that our retirment is inadequate given the high likelihood that you could become injured or suffer a medical issue that renders your high cost atp worthless.

PTO accrual? Nearly 100% behind out peers as our vacations comes out of the pto bank [edit: Compared to Alaska and SWA we have less that 1/4 the vacation periods available. Doesn't matter if you have PTO. Take a look at the FSM and compare the two paragraph on Vacation to the pages in Alaska CBA and SWAPA's]

If you are hired now or in the past 4 years YOU WILL NEVER BE AWARDED A SUMMER VACATION EVER UNDER THE DR - NEVER.

I'm a 10 year JB guy. I cannot hold a vacation in the summer or last 2 weeks of December or March (springbreak)

I hear you all. Truly, I do. I'm not voting yes for ALPA. Period. I'll volunteer, donate my money (above and beyond the dues), vote, and actively support an in-house union in any way possible. I'll help with the drive. Whatever it takes.

I will not support sending a portion of dues to Washington DC to a union that primarily represents the interests of Delta Air Lines. My vote is no if ALPA is on the ballot.

Dude, I'm trying like hell to not be as mean as some of the people on here, but there's no other way to say it.....that is just f-cking Paris Hilton stupid.

First, ALPA national is headed by a Delta guy, sure. But once again, I don't know how many different ways I can say this to make you understand,

ALPA NATIONAL HAS NO SAY WHATSOEVER ON THE MATTERS OF YOUR LOCAL MEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE MAN!! For the love of God, FIGURE THAT OUT!!!! Get an Arc Welder or an Impact Drill or something and GET THAT THROUGH YOUR SKULL!!!

Lee Moak can force your local MEC and reps to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! I don't care if he loves Delta, he works for Delta, etc. etc. etc. HE CAN'T MAKE THEM DO ANYTHING!!!!!! He can ONLY advise and provide resources. If your local MEC does something you don't like, it is YOUR FAULT FOR LETTING THEM GET AWAY WITH IT!!

Your dues money doesn't go to support Delta interests either! It goes to support their bloated-ass budget for retreats, a magazine, and all that crap. I totally see your point on how it is wasted and worthless!! BUT....YOU CANNOT DISCOUNT THE BENEFITS THAT YOU GET FROM that 2%!!! ALPA legal, ALPA loss of license, ALPA Aeromedical, and most of all, A CBA!!! You don't get all the extra perks with an in-house, and you don't have the startup resources!! PLEASE GET THAT THROUGH YOUR SKULL!!!

I don't care if we vote ALPA in, use them to get a first CBA, then toss their sorry Delta-loving fatcat a$$es out on the street the next day! I'm fine with that, but WE NEED THEM TO GET STARTED.

The biggest problem I have with you is that you can provide no logical, fact based argument whatsoever on why you won't vote for ALPA. All you can say is 'I don't like them!!' Dude, I know my maturity level on here isn't the greatest, but you are acting like a Kindergartner that got his lunch stolen by the fat kid. Waaaaaah Waaaaaaah!! I no likey ALPA!!! I no votey wotey for ALPA because they are meaney!!!!

You are not only hurting yourself with your unbelievably stupid and illogical position, you are hurting the other 2,000 or so of us at JetBlue that are trying to act like adults and make this place better. Most of us don't like ALPA either. Hell, I hate them. I've said it before. They are a bunch of overpaid, inflated windbag a$$holes. But they've got the resources that we need to get that first CBA.

Why are you cutting off your nose to spite your face? Why can't you grow up and act like a big boy instead of acting like an imbittered little shill? If you could provide some fact based logic as to why you won't vote for them I could at least respect that, but you can't. The only reason that you won't man up and face facts is jaded immaturity.

Grow up, dude.

Sickation. Its just as fun. You do have to buy offline revenue tickets though.

Reliability Report is around the corner.

Why don't we just fix it instead of putting our careers at risk for what the company should be providing to employees.

Last edited:
Dude, I'm trying like hell to not be as mean as some of the people on here, but there's no other way to say it.....that is just f-cking Paris Hilton stupid.

First, ALPA national is headed by a Delta guy, sure. But once again, I don't know how many different ways I can say this to make you understand,

ALPA NATIONAL HAS NO SAY WHATSOEVER ON THE MATTERS OF YOUR LOCAL MEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE MAN!! For the love of God, FIGURE THAT OUT!!!! Get an Arc Welder or an Impact Drill or something and GET THAT THROUGH YOUR SKULL!!!

Lee Moak can force your local MEC and reps to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! I don't care if he loves Delta, he works for Delta, etc. etc. etc. HE CAN'T MAKE THEM DO ANYTHING!!!!!! He can ONLY advise and provide resources. If your local MEC does something you don't like, it is YOUR FAULT FOR LETTING THEM GET AWAY WITH IT!!

Your dues money doesn't go to support Delta interests either! It goes to support their bloated-ass budget for retreats, a magazine, and all that crap. I totally see your point on how it is wasted and worthless!! BUT....YOU CANNOT DISCOUNT THE BENEFITS THAT YOU GET FROM that 2%!!! ALPA legal, ALPA loss of license, ALPA Aeromedical, and most of all, A CBA!!! You don't get all the extra perks with an in-house, and you don't have the startup resources!! PLEASE GET THAT THROUGH YOUR SKULL!!!

I don't care if we vote ALPA in, use them to get a first CBA, then toss their sorry Delta-loving fatcat a$$es out on the street the next day! I'm fine with that, but WE NEED THEM TO GET STARTED.

The biggest problem I have with you is that you can provide no logical, fact based argument whatsoever on why you won't vote for ALPA. All you can say is 'I don't like them!!' Dude, I know my maturity level on here isn't the greatest, but you are acting like a Kindergartner that got his lunch stolen by the fat kid. Waaaaaah Waaaaaaah!! I no likey ALPA!!! I no votey wotey for ALPA because they are meaney!!!!

You are not only hurting yourself with your unbelievably stupid and illogical position, you are hurting the other 2,000 or so of us at JetBlue that are trying to act like adults and make this place better. Most of us don't like ALPA either. Hell, I hate them. I've said it before. They are a bunch of overpaid, inflated windbag a$$holes. But they've got the resources that we need to get that first CBA.

Why are you cutting off your nose to spite your face? Why can't you grow up and act like a big boy instead of acting like an imbittered little shill? If you could provide some fact based logic as to why you won't vote for them I could at least respect that, but you can't. The only reason that you won't man up and face facts is jaded immaturity.

Grow up, dude.

Wow. Grow up? Seriously? Read your asinine post again.

Anyway, thanks for the chuckle.

Do you have any rational arguments against anything in his post?

He doesn't. I just don't have the patience and tolerance for stupidity that some have.

His two line response indicates he has no logical argument at all. That is what makes me angry. If he at least had a REASON, I could probably live with it. But he doesn't. His position is just so motherf-cking DUMB.

Just a guess, but I think there are ulterior motives involved here!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back