• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue PVC/ Atkins and Co. Compensation video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
$$$$ your a dreamer and your math is flawed.
Jetblue pilots keep thinking your Mickey Mouse High School Committees are going to level the playing fields, here to tell you they are not.
While you guys play your home room elementary class president antics your leaving millions behind that someday you will need as cost of living continues to rise and health care goes up.
Jetblue was an interesting experiment but its time you guys get real.

I am as solid of a yes vote as you will get, and I agree with you 100%. I am just stateing the numbers as I see them on 3rd party retirement calculators. Not sure how my math is flawed. Would love to learn how it is though if in fact it is.

I am as solid of a yes vote as you will get, and I agree with you 100%. I am just stateing the numbers as I see them on 3rd party retirement calculators. Not sure how my math is flawed. Would love to learn how it is though if in fact it is.

I appreciate your sentiment and see where you came up with the final numbers, but it's the initial numbers that will vary.

Who has $50,000 in retirement at 30? Very few of us do.

Who gets hired at JetBlue at 30? What is the average age of a newhire class? I'm willing to bet it's closer to 40.

Lastly $12,500 to spend a month sounds like a lot of money, but by the time inflation starts spinning up (and it will) that amount will seem like $2500 a month in today's dollars.

Redo the numbers starting with a 40 year old with zero retirement. Then adjust the money downward at 2% a year for inflation. Should be an eye opener.

It isn't flawed. People just want to not save, yet still get a huge retirement. That's so 1950s... Come on and join the rest of us in the real world please. (Not directed at you)

Looks like you failed reading comprehension 101. I SAID helped lower the bar. Ask anyone that was at a major airline post 911, the JetBlue pay rates were brought up by management repeatedly.

Thanks to guys like you this group is stuck in the mud spinning its wheels. What do you suggest, do nothing? Close your eyes and hope for the best?

ALPA negotiated list? You mean when both sides couldn't come to terms so they let it go to BINDING arbitration? Talk about revisionist history. US Air guys...living in the past and bitter to the grave.

How about your reading skill...?
I said "arbitrated"...

My recommendation...?

Vote with your feet.

Or in house Union.

If ALPA can reorganize themselves in to something better, I would consider them again.

I understand that younger pilots flying at smaller ailines would apply and want to get hired at JB. I would advise them to investigate carefully. It is not a place to come if you don't have a second retirement (military) or other way of getting health care (wife). It is not a career job. Pay is acceptable but beenfits and long term career is lacking and knowing what I do about management leads me to believe they have no intent of improving that. JB with the individual contracts is an experiment to see how much money can be mined from employee groups.
It can be a descent life if you live in base and only need a salary. However if you are young and want to have a career I would highly recommend one of the real major airlines.

Im on the situation you are stating (we are on my wife's insurance and I live in base) and Im thinking about leaving. I really don't see improvement unless we get a CBA. I saw the entire video, if B6 management were not planning for the 9-11 concessions to run out and pilots getting paid what they are worth. They are either naive or simply missed supply and demand.

I appreciate your sentiment and see where you came up with the final numbers, but it's the initial numbers that will vary.

Who has $50,000 in retirement at 30? Very few of us do.

Who gets hired at JetBlue at 30? What is the average age of a newhire class? I'm willing to bet it's closer to 40.

Lastly $12,500 to spend a month sounds like a lot of money, but by the time inflation starts spinning up (and it will) that amount will seem like $2500 a month in today's dollars.

Redo the numbers starting with a 40 year old with zero retirement. Then adjust the money downward at 2% a year for inflation. Should be an eye opener.

Anyone who is 40 with nothing saved is a fool. By 35 I had over 100k in my 401k, and I'm not special...

How about your reading skill...?
I said "arbitrated"...

My recommendation...?

Vote with your feet.

Or in house Union.

If ALPA can reorganize themselves in to something better, I would consider them again.

You can have your weak you know what in-house union.
Are you ready to pay thousands in assessments?
Are you ready to pay higher dues and get less?

What is your beef about ALPA?
Why can't you put emotion aside?
Why not vote ALPA in and if it is sooo bad we can go in-house after getting our first contract. ALPA=re$sources

You can have your weak you know what in-house union.
Are you ready to pay thousands in assessments?
Are you ready to pay higher dues and get less?

What is your beef about ALPA?
Why can't you put emotion aside?
Why not vote ALPA in and if it is sooo bad we can go in-house after getting our first contract. ALPA=re$sources

I dunno. ALPA is like cancer, once you get it, you're never going to get rid of it.

ALPA won't get my yes vote.

No doubt. JetBlue is not the entity you should be blaming if you're 40 and haven't saved anything for retirement. Look in the mirror.

This isn't a reflection of my status it's just to show a different set of numbers from what he came up with. I came up with age 40 as an average new hire age. Use whatever age you think it is and adjust the amount of savings down accordingly.

Latest resources

Back