• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue PVC/ Atkins and Co. Compensation video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looking forward to my 16%-19% pay raise on Jan 1, 2014. Not holding my breath though.

Just out of curiosity, where is our peer group listed? Been looking for it, and like most of the important stuff, it's buried in mounds of paperwork. CBA would be good if nothing else to keep things from being add/subtracted from the peer group without pilot consent.

Classic isn't it? I have little respect for this group of pilots that has done nothing but ride the coat tails of this industry. JetBlue's horrible pay rates 12 years ago helped to lower the bar and force many pilots down to our rates at the time. So many in this group look down at other groups that have fought a hard battle over the last 10 years.

Oh yea... 12 years ago JetBlue with 10 airplanes drug the industry down to their horrible pay rates...

Reality...

9/11 and all the subsequent financial crises had more to do with that.

Quit with your revisionist history and ALPA kool aid.

Of all of the airlines out there JetBlue has more than their fair share of guys who have "fought the hard battle". How about a 100% pay cut, furlough and placement on the bottom of an ALPA arbitrated merger list losing 12 years of service.

Give it a rest... most of us know the ugly truth.

This industry stinks... Unions stink... Corporate America stinks...

Oh yea... 12 years ago JetBlue with 10 airplanes drug the industry down to their horrible pay rates...

Reality...

9/11 and all the subsequent financial crises had more to do with that.

Quit with your revisionist history and ALPA kool aid.

Of all of the airlines out there JetBlue has more than their fair share of guys who have "fought the hard battle". How about a 100% pay cut, furlough and placement on the bottom of an ALPA arbitrated merger list losing 12 years of service.

Give it a rest... most of us know the ugly truth.

This industry stinks... Unions stink... Corporate America stinks...

Looks like you failed reading comprehension 101. I SAID helped lower the bar. Ask anyone that was at a major airline post 911, the JetBlue pay rates were brought up by management repeatedly.

Thanks to guys like you this group is stuck in the mud spinning its wheels. What do you suggest, do nothing? Close your eyes and hope for the best?

ALPA negotiated list? You mean when both sides couldn't come to terms so they let it go to BINDING arbitration? Talk about revisionist history. US Air guys...living in the past and bitter to the grave.

Last edited:
I understand that younger pilots flying at smaller ailines would apply and want to get hired at JB. I would advise them to investigate carefully. It is not a place to come if you don't have a second retirement (military) or other way of getting health care (wife). It is not a career job. Pay is acceptable but beenfits and long term career is lacking and knowing what I do about management leads me to believe they have no intent of improving that. JB with the individual contracts is an experiment to see how much money can be mined from employee groups.
It can be a descent life if you live in base and only need a salary. However if you are young and want to have a career I would highly recommend one of the real major airlines.

I understand that younger pilots flying at smaller ailines would apply and want to get hired at JB. I would advise them to investigate carefully. It is not a place to come if you don't have a second retirement (military) or other way of getting health care (wife). It is not a career job. Pay is acceptable but beenfits and long term career is lacking and knowing what I do about management leads me to believe they have no intent of improving that. JB with the individual contracts is an experiment to see how much money can be mined from employee groups.
It can be a descent life if you live in base and only need a salary. However if you are young and want to have a career I would highly recommend one of the real major airlines.

I agree with everything except the bold portion here. While we are way behind our peers when it comes to retirement you can easily retire here with a little discipline and planning. Now I know that a lot of our generation doesnt like those words, but it is neccesary regardless of what airline you go to. This being said. Lets assume a pilot comes to JB at 30 and stays until retirement age(unlikely for so many reasons I know, but just go with it). If you max out the allowable 401K amount of $17,5000/yr. Add to that the 8+ thousand that the company matches/adds each year depending on your pay rate. Assume a 6% return and you have millions of dollars when you retire. Around 3 million actually. This assumes that a typical 30 year old would currently have about $50k in retirement accounts upon reaching JB. Assume you live until 85. This gives you 3 million to spend with 240 months to live. That gives you about $12,500 a month to spend. Yes you will get raped on taxes, but you will also continue to gain interest on this money from 65-85 so I am cancelling each of those out. With no debt $12,500/mo in retirement isn't exactly having to rough it. So as you are correct in every other statement you can retire quite comfortably from JB without a military or other retirement as long as you plan. Yes I am aware that going to Delta will make about a 1.2 million difference in the good direction to this number at age 65. I am just stateing some facts here.

Last edited:
$$$$ your a dreamer and your math is flawed.
Jetblue pilots keep thinking your Mickey Mouse High School Committees are going to level the playing fields, here to tell you they are not.
While you guys play your home room elementary class president antics your leaving millions behind that someday you will need as cost of living continues to rise and health care goes up.
Jetblue was an interesting experiment but its time you guys get real.

Latest resources

Back