• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue PVC/ Atkins and Co. Compensation video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
reading this thread has me as optimistic of alpa getting voted in as compared to the presidential election. Despite all the logical facts and info, folks still don't get the big picture :(

No worries though guys..enjoy that high "health insurance" package that we get to deal with.

Sometimes you just have to go around people like that. You try logic, you explain how it works, you show what the majority of like minded people are doing and if it doesn't work you move on.

Flew with a Comair pilot. Hates ALPA because he was not integrated into Delta after DAL bought Comair.

I asked him if his current airline bought Cape Air would he want Cape Air integrated DOH?

Crickets.

It is all about them but they have to try and make the issue larger than that; but it isn't.

it is about them and only them.

I'm sure ASA_avawhatever is pissed at DALPA because they did not hand over more of their customers for him/her to fly in larger and larger aircraft or DAL did not integrate is C172 experience into DAL.

Last edited:
Flew with a Comair pilot. Hates ALPA because he was not integrated into Delta after DAL bought Comair.

I asked him if his current airline bought Cape Air would he want Cape Air integrated DOH?

Crickets.

It is all about them but they have to try and make the issue larger than that; but it isn't.

it is about them and only them.

I'm sure ASA_avawhatever is pissed at DALPA because they did not hand over more of their customers for him/her to fly in larger and larger aircraft or DAL did not integrate is C172 experience into DAL.

Look guys, I'm not going to discuss on a public forum why I feel the way I do about ALPA in detail. This place isn't exactly anonymous.

My reason boils down to this, without getting into details; I believe that an in-house union will better represent the pilot group, despite the initial financial disadvantages. I also do not believe that we would be able to vote them in, get a CBA, and then decertify them (which I have ethical issues with anyway).

If we vote in a union, I want to be able to say that it is the best, least corrupt, and least "political" union that is made up of only JetBlue pilots. That ain't ALPA folks, and I will vote no if they are on the ballot.

Look guys, I'm not going to discuss on a public forum why I feel the way I do about ALPA in detail. This place isn't exactly anonymous.

My reason boils down to this, without getting into details; I believe that an in-house union will better represent the pilot group, despite the initial financial disadvantages. I also do not believe that we would be able to vote them in, get a CBA, and then decertify them (which I have ethical issues with anyway).

If we vote in a union, I want to be able to say that it is the best, least corrupt, and least "political" union that is made up of only JetBlue pilots. That ain't ALPA folks, and I will vote no if they are on the ballot.

I don't agree with you but I realize you won.t vote for ALPA. But please don't rationalize yourself into believing there will be an in-house union. I fly with a lot of guys that don't want a union so they just say that. It just plays into the DR's plan. Just man up and say I won't vote for a union.

By not voting for ALPA you are voting for a much more corrupt system.

Imagine if our ELT was the leadership of ALPA while being the ELT of this airline. You don't have to imagine because that's the DR and an in house will be no better.

The idea of an in house is great but setting one up will take 3 years and 3 sfter that will be blown away by the company and we will be right back here except 10 years after the failed JBPA vote. The company wins again.

An in-house would have been great 12 years ago because we would have had ALPA 7 years ago.

Last edited:

Political as in Democrat-Republican? Or internal union political?

To those that don't support ALPA but want a union, here's your answer: during the first voting drive, it's a vote for representation. You also get to vote on WHO represents you. You can write in whoever you want, even an in-house union. So, if the in-house gets more votes than ALPA, they represent the pilot group.

I honestly don't care which representation you vote for, at least vote "yes" on the representation issue.

$$$for nothin I hate to make it seem like i am singling you out as i did on the other thread but welcome aboard while you are here i invite you gather the facts find out the truths and be informed. This is not your regional job

facts dont lie and we are behind our peers in nearly every category and getting worse. Our management team loves to reinvent the wheel . It started with peerset average and a three year process where the process they created was not followed. Then along came contrarian.. Every time our elt opened their pie holes " contrarian this and that spewed out" Then along came " holistic aproach " the final rendition was the change from peerset average to peerset competitive. The legal interpretation 101 meaning of this is that " peerset average" is easily defined while " peerset competitive " is not what does it mean? Is 10% less competitive? 20%? Is the guy that comes in third place " competitive? Thats a management dream and doesnt make them look like fools when they cant meet their own obligations which has become the norm around here.

Another is Net Promoter Score every captain has a NPS here but it is unknown to them until they go to captain charm school. What defines it? How do you increase it? How do you see it? What about a captain that is on reserve and gets all the crap trips? Or redeyes? naturally his nps is going to be lower than the day island turn captain. The bottom line is that the pressure is on you to make sure your score is high but you receive no benefit becuase it is an executive compensation bonus plan. If the score meets a certain figure they all take a $1,000,000 bonus. You the captain? Nothing

A few years back they missed it miserably but voted to pay themselves anyways. CEO executive pay? increased by 77% over 2 years

Workrules and rigs? They are FAR based and suck

PTO accrual? Nearly 100% behind out peers as our vacations comes out of the pto bank

Insurance? worst in the industry

If you are injured cobra after 6 months and dumped after 18.. you will go bankrupt

the candy coating shell looks great on the outside but its what on the inside that counts and the fact is that jb has some real issues

also i am sure all the young guys never even give a thought to what could happen in the future because life is perfect but the reality is that what you have today or what you are earning today or how you feel today is not a guarantee that things will only get better for you either personally, professionally, or financially. Life happens things change families divorces and deaths happen. The best you life may ever be might be what it is today. Then again it may be better or worse.

Bottom line is that our retirment is inadequate given the high likelihood that you could become injured or suffer a medical issue that renders your high cost atp worthless.

I am not sure why you would think that I don't agree with everything you just said.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back