• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue hiring... how and why?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The video is simply a means to put a face to those who are the voices of the DR. The guy on the left company produces www.lifeisbetterinbkue.com and the fabulous www.jetbluefacts.com.

Question did our health increase 300 - 900% this year?

Those three put together the spin that we (care 1 to green plan) are paying the same as last year.

Last edited:
Question, have you looked around the country and noticed that healthcare costs are going up for everyone?

Maybe a CBA will slow the process, but it isn't going to stop the train.

SWA is $11 a month. Not in SWAPA CBA.

Blue is $380. Last year the same coverage was $60. Now it is $580. Employee share of cost went from 12% to nearly 49%.

Next talking point.

BTW you did not answer my question.

Last edited:
I say that mostly tongue in cheek, but didn't you know the deal when you came to JetBlue? I sure did.

Nonunion.
Less pay.
Small pilot list.
Possibly will be merged.

I came here knowing the deal. Did you somehow come here thinking this was a legacy?

Thanks for that talking point.

But you said it was happening everywhere but it isn't. Just at blueJet.

You still did not answer the question and have attempted to change the subject 4 times.

Last edited:
I say that mostly tongue in cheek, but didn't you know the deal when you came to JetBlue? I sure did.

Nonunion.
Less pay.
Small pilot list.
Possibly will be merged.

I came here knowing the deal. Did you somehow come here thinking this was a legacy?

Every carrier started out small and non-union. It's time to evolve, and that means a CBA.

At least maybe then I could walk past other pilots without being embarrassed that their pilot groups are doing the "heavy lifting" by negotiating better contracts while we at bluejet just ride on the coat tails of others.

Last edited:
Every carrier started out small and non-union. It's time to evolve, and that means a CBA.

At least maybe then I could walk past other pilots without being embarrassed that their pilot groups are doing the "heavy lifting" by negotiating better contracts while we at bluejet just ride on the coat tails of others.

First of all the other pilot groups can suck it. I could care less what they think of me. They would put my family and your family out on the street freezing to death if they could. I would like to point out to them the 90 seat "regional" aircraft they have crawling all over their hubs. That being said, yes we need a union and our health insurance is so bad it's scary. Health insurance is definitely going up in most industries, but the way ours shot through the roof is criminal. If asked "why do we need a union," the first 2 word out of my mouth are HEALTH CARE. The day I'm embarrassed to walk by another pilot in the terminal is the day I put a bullet in my head.

Latest resources

Back