jetblue EMB-190 pay??!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASH said:
THIS HAS GOT TO BE FLAME BAIT. Will someone wearing blue please correct this apparent error....i hope....
Without going into details about the EMB190 payrates, I will make one statement:
Dizel8 wears blue, through and through.

C ya

AKAAB said:
Does anyone remember what the original (1999) A320 hourly rate was?

AKAAB
Yes, it was $86 an hour. The EMB190 pay WILL be adjusted upwards once the numbers prove the plane to be what it is projected to be. Same thing happened on the A320. If you don't like the EMB190 pay.....apply at the legacy carriers.

Ooops....I forgot.....

C ya

The 190 pay was lower than I thought it would be. My friends that worked there seemed to think that the 320 rates would be increased 10-15% and the 190 would be adjusted accordingly. They thought it would be about 65% OF 320 pay.

I am a supporter of Jetblue, but this pay definitely "lowers the bar." I've heard time and again that the 190 isn't a regional jet, but it sure appears to pay like one. I was expecting about 90 bucks an hour to start, which is about half of NWA's DC9 rate (most of NWAs -9s are 100 seaters). As a matter of fact, a 2nd year FO on the DC-9 makes more than a EMB-190 Captain tops out at. Of course NWA is in concessionary talks now, but this payscale is much like a regional carrier.

It is good that the upgrade time will be quick, because I don't think morale will be high with FOs topping out at 50 bucks an hour or so.

The race to the bottom in pilot pay is most definitely underway, pretty sad.

Any response expected from the JB pilot group? I doubt it, not sure it would make a bit of difference anyway. Just curious.

furloughed dude said:
The 190 pay was lower than I thought it would be. My friends that worked there seemed to think that the 320 rates would be increased 10-15% and the 190 would be adjusted accordingly. They thought it would be about 65% OF 320 pay.

I am a supporter of Jetblue, but this pay definitely "lowers the bar." I've heard time and again that the 190 isn't a regional jet, but it sure appears to pay like one. I was expecting about 90 bucks an hour to start, which is about half of NWA's DC9 rate (most of NWAs -9s are 100 seaters). As a matter of fact, a 2nd year FO on the DC-9 makes more than a EMB-190 Captain tops out at. Of course NWA is in concessionary talks now, but this payscale is much like a regional carrier.

It is good that the upgrade time will be quick, because I don't think morale will be high with FOs topping out at 50 bucks an hour or so.
Sometimes putting lipstick on a pig just doesn't do the trick.

You guys better start lowering your mins pretty soon because I don't know of any RJ or Turboprop captain will be willing to take such a large pay cut for such a long time just to go to Jetblue. At least at most airlines including regionals there is a substantial pay bump after year number one. You guys just get a dollar or two hour raise. The upgrades will start to slow at one point then those guys at bottom will suffer, but oh well just as long as you guys are happy with this.

CatIIIc

sweptback said:
So what happens to the poor guy that gets hired at the end of the cycle? Or is it his fault for missing the wave and not getting that quick upgrade?
If that poor guy does not want to be hired then, he can turn it down. Is that so hard to understand? As for anyone else that does not want to come to JetBlue and work for those wages, they can turn it down. Not too hard to figure out. Are we to worry about the guys that are going to get hired in 2011 now? Fearing that they are going to be upset that upgrade it 5 years? What it upgrade at United now? At American? At Delta? At Southwest?

Latest resources

Back