• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
190 12-year Pay

"Would you mind posting the 12th year pay for the EMB?"

$88.72 <= 70 Hours / $133.08 OT Captain
$52.86 <= 70 Hours / $79.29 OT FO

If that is true, expect the new DL pay rates for similar type equipment (to be negotiated) will be very close---and that will make future negotiations at DCI very difficult. That suck$.

Bye Bye--General Lee

PS--Did you know that the European LCC Ryannair makes their employees pay for their own drinks while on board their 738's? Yup--even the pilots while flying the plane. You are not allowed to be dehydrated, for a price! That is next.....

Yikes!

These rates are surprising and disappointing but reality is setting in...
The thing that seems odd is the small disparity between the first and twelfth year. To me, that means one would only be in the 190 for only a couple/few years before moving to the 320 if one so chose. But there will have to be a lot more 320s for that to happen. Maybe the QOL in the 190 lines will be so awesome that it will offset the pay (more time at home to spend less money)

it appears that the ones who are going to win in this are those new hires that are beginning now through the next year. i would think this would be the entry level jet with capts being hired off the street at least for the first 6 months. (new hires capts making 80K a year!) i can't imagine anyone on the property now bidding 190 capt when 320 capt is 18-24 months... unless they do satellite basing...any rumors of that?

Not that it says much, but this pay was essentially set by U vis a vis MAA. Secondly, to see the "new" reality, take a look at ATA pay on what is thought to be the 717.

Yearly rates....

Here's how it breaks down for those who want to see the yearly picture..

JetBlue
Year 1 EMB190 Captain $78,488/yr
Year 3 EMB 190 Captain $82,063/yr

Year 5 A320 Captain $133,966/yr

Year 1 EMB F/O $41,181/yr

thats an 85 hour month

That year one F/O will make more than I did at year one USAirways ($36,000)

With over 300 airplanes theoretically coming... the left seat will come quick...
Yes... its not what we're all use to for a 100 seater... but that was yesterday...

Hopefully a yearly end of approx 10% profitsharing (retirement account contribution) and the stock purchase plan will bump up your final year end earnings.... but we all know thats not a sure thing....

Last edited:
<<JetBlue
Year 1 EMB190 Captain $78,488/yr
Year 3 EMB 190 Captain $82,063/yr

Year 5 A320 Captain $133,966/yr

Year 1 EMB F/O $41,181/yr

thats an 85 hour month>>

Thanks for doing the math..I wanted to throw a couple more facts in the mix so that prospective pilots can evaluate their real earning potential. The first 6 weeks at JetBlue you are on training pay of $2500/month. You then do an average of 6weeks reserve which pays 75 hours a month
( I have talked to two pilots out of dozens who flew more than this on FO reserve. The lines have been built to about 81 hours a month after that (higher in the summer- lower in the winter). You can fly more but that is not the average built line value.
Assuming these numbers you would make (Flight Pay only),

Year 1 EMB190 Captain $67017

Year 1 EMB F/O $36945.

As far as new hires getting left seat, that remains to be seen, but as
A-320 captain seat is looking more like 30 months+ for pilots getting hired today, I would think there will be many pilots who opt for the left seat in the E-190 while they wait.

LGB slots

Back in January, there was talk that B6 would discontinue LGB to LAS flights due to slot restrictions. It was thought that they would be needed for transcons from BOS. It was my understanding the 27 slots that were originally awarded to B6 were reduced by 5 to 22. I assumed the 27 slots were for both L&T combined.

At present B6 has 20 departures and 20 arrivals from LGB. Either I'm wrong and the 22 slots are for takeoffs only, or B6 has somehow garnered more slots.

Perhaps someone could give me an update.

8vATE said:
With over 300 airplanes theoretically coming... the left seat will come quick...
Yes... its not what we're all use to for a 100 seater... but that was yesterday...
So what happens to the poor guy that gets hired at the end of the cycle? Or is it his fault for missing the wave and not getting that quick upgrade?

Latest resources

Back