• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetblue EMB-190 pay??!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The EMB 190 is not going to be used on routes that could fill an Airbus. It is designed to fill the gaps in the market where we want to have service but cannot justify a larger plane because of the demand for seats. So the EMB will do better on costs when they fill a 100 seater to 90 seats versus a SWA 132 seat 737 to 90 seats. Its all about having the right equipment on the route to stimulate demand, and then follow up and put a larger plane on the market when the seasonal or total demand increases.

My .02

Chaz

JB guys and gals.

What's up with the pay scale? I noticed AirTran starts captains on the 717 at around $102.. Why os low? Did the pilots have a say?

AAflyer

I have to believe in my heart that the pilots had no say in this. This is highly regrettable. I know the great relationship that the pilots have w/ mgmt is going to degrade quickly with this atrocity of a pay rate. Like it or not, it may be time to give Teamsters a call, and stop David from this insanity.

chazman said:
The EMB 190 is not going to be used on routes that could fill an Airbus. It is designed to fill the gaps in the market where we want to have service but cannot justify a larger plane because of the demand for seats. So the EMB will do better on costs when they fill a 100 seater to 90 seats versus a SWA 132 seat 737 to 90 seats. Its all about having the right equipment on the route to stimulate demand, and then follow up and put a larger plane on the market when the seasonal or total demand increases.

My .02

Chaz
Chaz, you're spoiling my fun.:)

Actually, I agree with most of your statement. My only disagreement is the fact the 320 is not as cost effective on the short routes. That's why I believe upstate NY will see a discontinuation of 320 service, that will eventually be replaced by more direct routes on the 190 to Florida and the Midwest. They will still have the JFK frequency, but with 190's in lieu of 320's. Turnarounds with the 190 should be very fast with only 100 seats & 2+2 seating, thus freeing up gate space rather quickly.

The same should apply on the West Coast. The short trips to LAS on the 320 will be replaced with high frequency 190's. OAK will see more direct service to Florida on the 320's, thus by-passing the LGB connection. Gate space at these airports will hopefully be freed up with the coming attrition by 2007.

I also see the 190 in St. Louis and Nashville. These are both stronghold WN markets, and they will eventually feel the pinch of the 190's.

ASH said:
I have to believe in my heart that the pilots had no say in this. This is highly regrettable. I know the great relationship that the pilots have w/ mgmt is going to degrade quickly with this atrocity of a pay rate. Like it or not, it may be time to give Teamsters a call, and stop David from this insanity.
It's called free enterprise, Ash.

The Jetblue pilots in place on the 320's are very happy and the 190 and it's pay structure will make the company competitive for a long time. Any pilot going to work for B6 will go in with both eyes open.:eek: They will have the prospect of moving up to a growing 320 fleet at some point, or staying put. In either case, they will make lots of money with stock options and profit sharing.

I don't see unions in there for a long time, if ever.

JBPilots.

Would you mind posting the 12th year pay for the EMB?

Thanks
AAflyer

This is total BS. The FO rate is not even a pay raise for the FO's at many regionals to fly an airplane with twice as many seats. I guess AMR will not get these airplanes because their is no way APA will allow this Aircraft on the property at these low rates(I hope).

Someone from Jet Blue please explain the resoning behind such a low pay rate for what is basically a DC9, 717, Fokker 100.

Respectfully
CatIIIc

Dizel8 said:
Found this on the "other" US aviation board. Cannot verify veracity!

Jetblue just released their 190 payrates.

First year capt $70.71 for first 70 hours/ $106.57 over 70
2nd year $72.32
First year F/O $37.10 for the first 70 /
2nd year $39.95

Those are in fact the new rates. Read it and weep.

So JBLU management has set the standard of about $0.72 per seat per hour for the CA in both the A320 and EMB190 year one.

Does this mean they will continue this if you get the A330-300 and pay $241/hr for CA?

Or pay $50.4/hr for the EMB170?

Have fun

Latest resources

Back