• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From a friend of mine in class who did some poking around today.

Next class is on the 29th with a grand total of 6!!

I hope everyone is wearing their flotation device!

FYI, new guys and hopefuls. ALPA petitioned the NMB today on behalf of the jetblue pilots. You need to know. Stay informed. Do your own research.

Good luck dudes.

Dangit. 6. Maybe a 50/50 chance for Otto and I.

EDIT: Any chance this ALPA thing may freeze/slow/stop hiring?

Last edited:

I don't see how that could be. We're still understaffed and a contract is still years away under the most optimistic scenario. The vote won't have any direct impact to the bottom line. That's not to say that ALPA wouldn't be a convenient scapegoat for an adverse business decision. That is all too predictable.

I don't see how that could be. We're still understaffed and a contract is still years away under the most optimistic scenario. The vote won't have any direct impact to the bottom line. That's not to say that ALPA wouldn't be a convenient scapegoat for an adverse business decision. That is all too predictable.

The bid divisors for July would indicate that our staffing problem is getting better, but, with aircraft being delivered that could change. Management is just doing their job; trying to keep unions away and that isn't specific to jetblue because it will without a doubt increase our pilot labor costs in the end.

If I were in the pool I would be more concerned with the economy slowing down, which it is, as apposed to ALPA.

The latest system bid shows almost 100 open FO slots at the bases. Somehow I doubt there are 100 nuggets coming on line. I think we're still scraping the bottom manning-wise. We need more pilots.

The bid divisors for July would indicate that our staffing problem is getting better......

The July target line value for all FO seats except JFK190 is between 85 and 88 hours. Do the math. Most line holders will be working at least 16 days a month regardless of seniority. I bid pretty senior in my seat (top 20%) and I'm only getting about 14-15 days off per month bidding MINIMUM line value as my primary concern. Look at the lines for the bottom two thirds of the seniority list for each seat. Most guys are only getting about 13 days off per month. IMO we are still way understaffed. YMMV.

Dangit. 6. Maybe a 50/50 chance for Otto and I.

Yeah I heard 6 as well. I wonder how many 9:30 folks are left? Also how do they determine ranking within pool candidates in same time group? Age? SSN? Oh well I guess we keep treading water for awhile longer perhaps ha.

The latest system bid shows almost 100 open FO slots at the bases. Somehow I doubt there are 100 nuggets coming on line. I think we're still scraping the bottom manning-wise. We need more pilots.

I saw a need for about 61 E-190 f/os in BOS based on the latest system bid coming up. Looks like that is where most of us will be.

Yeah I heard 6 as well. I wonder how many 9:30 folks are left? Also how do they determine ranking within pool candidates in same time group? Age? SSN? Oh well I guess we keep treading water for awhile longer perhaps ha.

If we knew the size of the Jan 15 class we might have a better idea.

Latest resources

Back