• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue canceled classes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hadn't updated in 8 months and was called for an interview. Keep in mind, I submitted my application once, and never did update.

I had to decline, as I had another opportunity present itself, but it does sound like it isn't the type of hiring environment it used to be.

Getting back to the original topic...

No great mystery. We're fat on 190 guys and very low on 320 guys (insert speculations on why here). The training department shifted from 190 to 320 activities. The overall number of people starting training remains the same, just in different equipment.

C

After a conversation with a chief pilot a while back when it was mentioned our target hiring was going to change. Given our pay was not going up very much the company needed to find pilots who would be willing to sit in the right seat for a much longer time for much less pay, compared to other airlines, so this is what could be happening.

After a conversation with a chief pilot a while back when it was mentioned our target hiring was going to change. Given our pay was not going up very much the company needed to find pilots who would be willing to sit in the right seat for a much longer time for much less pay, compared to other airlines, so this is what could be happening.

We probably also should be advertising no less than a 6 year upgrade. Our growth will probably slow a little more, so the quick upgrades are a thing of the past. Actually 6 years is still fairly quick, depending on your age.

New hire should be very clear on that before they come to work here. That Carrot is no longer hanging.

It's also clear, by viewing those walking around the crewroom, we are also targeting much younger pilots as well. They can handle the right seat a little longer, as they will have longer in the left seat to build their finances.

I would add two comments to your post. We are still advertising that 2 year or less upgrade on the 190 and although there are quite a few younger pilots coming through the door the company is targeting the lower time regional pilot. An RJ captain is more likely to remain where they are or hold out for a better opportunity where a low time regional FO is looking at a few years to captain either way. In the past weeks I've have had 2 Comair captains on the jumpseat neither of which would come to work here. That in my opinion is sad.
Once the legacys are back in hiring mode we will be in big trouble from a hiring standpoint, more so than we are now. Jetblue is still a nice place to work but that wont keep many people around too much longer.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Qol???????? Your joking right? QOL better at JB vs SWA?????
ok. back to classes cancelled thread.............

What do you think will happen when the fence comes down in October. I bet that Dave Barger will come to the E190 guys and offer them a one time monetary bonus to stay in the seat for up to another year. I also believe that the greatest movement will be in the right seat of the E190 as guys bid the bus for better QOL and trip selection. As a relatively senior JFK A320 FO (mid 1000 number) I am leaning towards bidding the left seat of the E190 as I really don't want to be on reserve for the next 3 years and I think I could be in one of the first post fence initial classes. Again I believe that there are about 50 E190 captains senior to me who just want to get back to the bus. I am interested to hear others opinions and thoughts on this subject.

Latest resources

Back